2018 Knocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@d.p - just start that process now and get rid of the truck. Be very careful if you are to buy another one. Maybe go to a gen1 or an R so you don't have to deal with this.

I had a Gen1 back in 2015 and really no interest in getting an R. I had looked for a low mileage 1 owner that had good cam phaser history but even that didn't seem to matter.

Hell even my 2013 left me in the lurch due to a failed fuel pump:

40369024220_1d699b36b7_c.jpg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought that name looked familiar but wasn't sure why.
Yep, he’s a worthless troll. He’s been banned under multiple user names but just can’t stay away. He gets off on derailing any thread related to Gen 2, he’s a pathetic loser.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck still at the dealer, tech called on Wednesday and said he can hear the knocking up to 2k RPMs. Said he didn't know if I needed a new engine or what until he tore into it. I asked him when he would be able to do that and he said the truck was in his bay but was somewhat non-committal about it. Meaning if its in your bay and I am talking to you then you can tear into it after we get off the phone right? What is he going to do? Back it out and work on some other cars ahead of mine?

After that conversation I haven't heard shit and no response from my SA when I asked about it yesterday either. Selling dealer did call me today and I told them I was going to give it back if this problem wasn't solved soon and not even sure that matters because I am losing interest in the truck at this point. Tomorrow it will have been at the dealer the exact same length of time that I have owned it.
Can you have it towed back to the selling dealer at their expense? It needs to be fixed regardless of whether they take it back, I’m sure they’d prefer to get it fixed quickly and properly themselves and have you keep it.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, he’s a worthless troll. He’s been banned under multiple user names but just can’t stay away. He gets off on derailing any thread related to Gen 2, he’s a pathetic loser.

Haha must be a miserable life to lead.

Can you have it towed back to the selling dealer at their expense? It needs to be fixed regardless of whether they take it back, I’m sure they’d prefer to get it fixed quickly and properly themselves and have you keep it.

Dunno but I don't think it matters.

I bought it from a Toyota dealership, their dealer network includes Ford dealerships so I took it to their closest Ford dealership to get looked at. So its getting fixed by them and if I decided to move on from it they already have possession of it on their lot. So I wouldn't need to have it towed or moved anywhere, hell they could simply sell it on their Ford lot if they wanted to.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer is taking the truck back and I am washing my hands of it.

Not sure whether I am going to bother looking for another one but if anyone is looking at used Raptors know that this 2018 Lead Foot 1FTFW1RG5JFD94110 has had a fair amount of engine/cam phaser work and was smoked in by the original owner.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer is taking the truck back and I am washing my hands of it.

Not sure whether I am going to bother looking for another one but if anyone is looking at used Raptors know that this 2018 Lead Foot 1FTFW1RG5JFD94110 has had a fair amount of engine/cam phaser work and was smoked in by the original owner.
I feel for ya man. Good choice. This is why i refuse to buy anything like this truck unless its new or a private party sales hopefully 1 owner or where I knew the exact history.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah shit happens. It was a 2018 with 40K and I paid $57k which was the best deal I could find, it was almost too good to pass it up with what I could see from the maintenance history and being a 1 owner truck. Exterior was probably a 8/10, interior was 9/10 minus the faint smoke smell and it drove and sounded just fine the day I bought it. Even with the 'good price' it still tough to swallow for a 5 year old truck but we know how Raptor prices go. I think I paid $49k for my 2013 in 2015 with 20K on it and sold it for $45K 2 years later with 39K on it so I knew they held their value well.

Regardless, dealer has been super accommodating so on to whatever is next.

Last edited:
OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone gives a shit Ford replaced the engine and the truck is back for sale $57k before ttl.