2018 Gen 2 Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the dealership had it set at 50psi! Took it down to 38/39 today and like a whole new (new!) truck.

I've run lower pressures (34 frt/32 rear on street) on ever single truck I've owned, all set up for off road and have NEVER had a tire wear issue (tires not wearing evenly) or cupping. Now I can't say that those tires might have gotten some more miles before being replaced if I had run them higher, just no un-even tire wear issues.
When I'm desert running I'll air down to about 24 front and 22 rear and that works awesome for ride quality, traction, flotation, and some mild crawling...and does include some 100 mph running...
The tires are rated (if I remember correctly) for about 3000 lbs @44 psi which means about 1500 lbs @22 psi. I've had argument after argument about this "theory" of mine....Years ago we had a Michelin factory rep come out to give a class on tires so I took the opportunity to ask him about this using almost identical pressures I used above and he agreed...there is no use (from the tires point of view) running max pressure with only half of the tires rating being used...we also used popular load range E tires that max pressure rated for 80 psi....again if your running half of the tires load you can pretty much run at 40 psi...

WOW....sorry to all....this post got away from me...too long...

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were like 47 from the dealer. Lowered them to 40 ... MUCH better ride and much quieter. Just lowered them to 38/38 today, haven't driven it yet, too busy detailing it for the first time.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 32 front & 28 rear. I used FORScan to reset the TPMS to 32 at all four corners (avoids warning lights). I had an oil change at the dealer last Monday. They inflated all four tires to 38. I definitely like 32/28 better. When I was at Raptor Assault last fall I thought that was what they advised for the street.