2018 Gen 2 Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found 42/38 to be the best compromise of ride and mpg. Mpg drops fast you go much lower like 38/34

I dropped maybe .4 going from 38 to 36 front and 32 rear. Still loose traction in the rear all the time tho - from my research it seems more and more like the fault of the stock tires. We'll see when I get new ones.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine had 50 when I picked it up. Not sure why the dealership's do this. The PSI on the tire only gives the max the tire is rated for, not what you're supposed to run. I do 38 cold and they heat to 40. Feels perfect on the street

Lasercat

Reaction score
The dealer doesn't set the pressure that high, they're shipped to the dealer that way. I believe it has something to do with they way vehicles are shipped from the factory - makes it easier/safer to tie the vehicles down to the trailer or something. The dealer is supposed to air the tires down to normal pressure after receiving them, but that doesn't always happen.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't get the memo. I watched them inflate them while washing it before I drove it off. I checked the pressure before leaving the dealership and had them set it right

Driver

Reaction score
It's like a bike tire. Always warrant a check and inflate if necessary

I'm running 40 psi to no ill effect but I haven't tried lower yet. Honestly I'm concerned to mess up the treadwear on the BFGs going into the low 30s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like a bike tire. Always warrant a check and inflate if necessary

I'm running 40 psi to no ill effect but I haven't tried lower yet. Honestly I'm concerned to mess up the treadwear on the BFGs going into the low 30s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Mine were at 41 when I got it and I've lowered them to 39.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer doesn't set the pressure that high, they're shipped to the dealer that way. I believe it has something to do with they way vehicles are shipped from the factory - makes it easier/safer to tie the vehicles down to the trailer or something. The dealer is supposed to air the tires down to normal pressure after receiving them, but that doesn't always happen.

It's a really heavy vehicle with "C" rated balloon size tires. I would imagine that Ford is just being cautious after what happened with the Explorer and Firestone tires many years ago.

FYI- I initially dropped my tires down to 38 PSI like the door jam said and the dealer aired them back up to 44+ PSI after my first oil change for some reason.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I dropped maybe .4 going from 38 to 36 front and 32 rear. Still loose traction in the rear all the time tho - from my research it seems more and more like the fault of the stock tires. We'll see when I get new ones.

This is where I’m at, Offroad it seems to be quit a bit smoother but on road is like riding on marshmallows.

CUinBama

Reaction score
Holy smokes, what a difference a dozen PSI makes! Brought my new 2018 home yesterday...thought it was a little squirrelly on the bumps, and know I know why: the dealership had it set at 50psi! Took it down to 38/39 today and like a whole new (new!) truck.