2018 Gen 2 got another 'Cam Phaser' notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes!
Thank you. I agree.
But the dealer is telling me that since I was previously experiencing the hard shift into Drive... That they will not fix the shudder issue with 21N08. Even though the 21B10 is definitely the cause of the shudder.
Total BS.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes!
Thank you. I agree.
But the dealer is telling me that since I was previously experiencing the hard shift into Drive... That they will not fix the shudder issue with 21N08. Even though the 21B10 is definitely the cause of the shudder.
Total BS.

Makes no sense. Diagnostic methods are least intrusive (software update) to most intrusive (main control valve body). Service messages precede workshop manual diagnostics. If the hard shift to drive only occurred after 21B10, it most likely just needs to have an adaptive drive cycle performed.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have gone through the drive cycle multiple times. And no dice. I think that's why the are now wanting to physically replace internal transmission parts. But I still do not understand why they will not do the update for the shudder.
Very disappointed.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have gone through the drive cycle multiple times. And no dice. I think that's why the are now wanting to physically replace internal transmission parts. But I still do not understand why they will not do the update for the shudder.
Very disappointed.
Update. Have put some miles down since the update and the shudder has seemed to subside. Hmmm.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've waited almost as long as possible to get the cam phaser flash...since when it first came out there were 'problems' since remedied by the second update for the shudder. (I think)

I figured that getting some miles in on all these phaser flash updates would start to yield some stats on whether it actually works to reduce or eliminate phaser issues. I didn't want to mess with my truck to fix a problem I might not have with a problem inducing solution.