2018 Ford Raptor Loud air leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rborquez11

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some help determining if anyone has experienced the following symptoms in their trucks. My engine is completely stock and the truck seems to be loosing top end power, rpms take for ever to rev at the top and when the truck is under full boost you can hear a loud blowing sound coming from the front of the firewall of the pilots side as if it was big boost leak. I have checked all the charge pipes, hoses, and hose clamps have been tightened. Also I replaced the OEM diverted/blow off valve with a new one and it still does the air sound blowing out type and loosing power.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Charge air piping leaks can be difficult to visually diagnose because the connections can sometimes separate under boost and then appear to be properly sealed during inspection. If all clamps are tight, the best way to diagnose it will be by using regulated shop air through the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor port. The air filter will need to be sealed in a plastic bag to prevent air from escaping.

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There could be a crack in the tubes along the seems or over tighting the clamps could cause a leak. Boots (rubber hoses)from the turbos or intercooler could rip near the clamps. Using shop air (air compressor) remember to regulate to no more than 20 psi. Can cause damage to intercooler.

OP
OP
R

rborquez11

Reaction score
I have attached a video doing some pulls from 30mph low rpm to high rms and it takes forever to rev to high rpms. If you listen closely you can hear a loud air rush and also now i am getting a quick humming/grinding noise when i do one of the pulls and my trucks steering wheel feels like It pulls and heavy as if its in 4wd and if I engage 4wd nothing changes it still does it.