2018 F-Series Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

That's odd. that clip came loose on my GEN1 and had problems shifting when trying to move it and at the time, I took it to the dealership and they replaced the part and fixed it under warranty. I wouldn't say that only happens on GEN2's.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's odd. that clip came loose on my GEN1 and had problems shifting when trying to move it and at the time, I took it to the dealership and they replaced the part and fixed it under warranty. I wouldn't say that only happens on GEN2's.

Hmm probably should check mine, is it where the cable enters the transmission I guess? I was just down there last month changing the transmission oil & filter, looked at the electrical connector and no leaks, didn't even notice where the cable goes in...

bMwdefector

Reaction score
I just got the notice for this recall in the mail yesterday. Safety Recall Notice 18S10 / NHTSA Recall 18V-214. If this was a problem on Gen 1's, how do they not address it at the factory?

Risk - Unintended vehicle movement or roll away if the parking brake is not applied. I have not had any issues but it would sure suck to see my truck in a parking spot I did not park in.
- When exiting the vehicle, the ignition key can be removed with no warning message or chime (does not apply to us)
- The transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster may be different than indicated by the position of the transmission shift lever.
- No ability to restart the vehicle, unless the transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster is Park or Neutral.

They say it is less than a half day job.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Does this recall affect Raptors? I haven't seen it say "Raptor" anywhere specifically but it is an F-Series.

2018 Ford Expedition, F-150 Recalled for Faulty Shifter

I have a 2018 Raptor and was notified via my FordPass app. Had it taken care of and then got the letter from Ford about a week later. For me, it was just a visual inspection. There is a link on this forum somewhere where you can see if your vehicle is affected by entering your VIN number.

14Raptor

Reaction score
I just got the notice for this recall in the mail yesterday. Safety Recall Notice 18S10 / NHTSA Recall 18V-214. If this was a problem on Gen 1's, how do they not address it at the factory?

Risk - Unintended vehicle movement or roll away if the parking brake is not applied. I have not had any issues but it would sure suck to see my truck in a parking spot I did not park in.
- When exiting the vehicle, the ignition key can be removed with no warning message or chime (does not apply to us)
- The transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster may be different than indicated by the position of the transmission shift lever.
- No ability to restart the vehicle, unless the transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster is Park or Neutral.

They say it is less than a half day job.

Same here, notice was in the mail yesterday for our 18

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine inspected this week. Took about 10 minutes total. The work order said "No adjustment necessary".