2018 Blown Speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanM

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor. I paid for the extended warranty through dealership. My passenger side front door speaker is blown after 4 months. My gut tells me speakers aren’t covered under any warranty but figured I’d ask the group to save some research and phone calls with service.

Anyone have insight on this?

Thanks!

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was bumper to bumper. I would think it would be covered, but I admit I do not know for sure.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
blown or connection? I’d be concerned about it being the amp, radio or wiring, but if it is the speaker, that’s an easy excuse to upgrade.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless something changed the speakers are covered by both the factory 3/36 and the extended warranty if it is the Ford premium plan.

Mark

Glockman

Reaction score
We do need the magic number of mileage to answer you correctly. If you're under 36k, it will be covered under the factory warranty. If you have a deductible that is $100 or more, just buy a speaker and install yourself. There are upgraded speakers that you could also but. I don't recall the name, something bass, but they use factory plugs.

OP
OP
RyanM

RyanM

Reaction score
Sorry for delay in update for those interested. I called Ford and they said it’s covered under bumper to bumper. I have 5400 miles on it. I just always felt if your the ******* that blasts your music and you blow the speaker we’re not installing a new one for free for you. I’ll take the free speaker although I think it was my fault. I’ll update with result when I get new speaker. Friend also believes it’s definitely blown.

ace75

Reaction score
I have a blown passenger speaker as well, I don’t blast my music either. Keep us posted on it. Thanks.