2018 B&O stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapfan

Reaction score
OK, so ended up with a Fox acoustics ported enclosure with a 10" Image Dynamics (almost got a Diamond Audio) DVC 4ohm.

Not broken in yet, but initially of course worlds better than the OEM sub. Frankly its crossed over too low and the driver is too small and is in a tiny sealed enclosure.
Hits pretty hard, grabs the low end the Factory sub could never see. Of course will never be over driven. Also thinking based entirely on the amp barely being warm, that may have been able to do dual 2 instead of 4 ohm.

The box does take up the space under the drivers rear, even stuck out a bit, so I took the plastic face plate off the storage piece to get more room. Wish it was smaller...

Anyone know the Part No for the wire that goes from the amp to the sub? its a 4 wire, red, green, black and white harness. Cut mine and like to be able to go back to stock at some point if I need to pull the box for a road trip or something.

Also not sure which is pos or neg either, assuming the line holds that all wires with stripes are neg, then the red is neg and black is pos, green is pos and white is neg, seems off to me.

Hey BDF, do you have a pic of the single sub enclosure? Trying to get an understanding of how large the box is and how much under seat space it's going to take up since there aren't pics up on their website for the single.

Right now I have a local car audio place that will custom make me a box behind the seats, but looking at $750 for the fiberglass box alone and seeing how I can save a few bucks and not lose all of my cargo space.

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JL stealth box ws5 13.5 (specifically molded fiberglass for this truck) a high current level to rca and a JL amp the truck flat rocks now. Clean install and sometimes it’s actually too loud/ shakes my brain a little

OP
OP
B

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't get notification you replied...

I don't have a pic, but it takes up the entirety of the drivers side back seat. Easy to pull out if i need the space, but I still have all that room and a bed, so....

If I had more power it would pound, prolly be too loud.

Rapfan

Reaction score
JL stealth box ws5 13.5 (specifically molded fiberglass for this truck) a high current level to rca and a JL amp the truck flat rocks now. Clean install and sometimes it’s actually too loud/ shakes my brain a little

Hey @Frank L, do you have any picks you could share? Side, front and seat up?

Kbobk

Reaction score
I’ve bought 3 sub boxes from www.supercrewsound.com. I have one of their 12” up firing boxes in my 18 raptor. I had one of their 12” behind the back seat boxes in my superduty and a behind the seat box in my other superduty with a pair of 10”s.

Mountainkiter

Reaction score
OK, so ended up with a Fox acoustics ported enclosure with a 10" Image Dynamics (almost got a Diamond Audio) DVC 4ohm.

Not broken in yet, but initially of course worlds better than the OEM sub. Frankly its crossed over too low and the driver is too small and is in a tiny sealed enclosure.
Hits pretty hard, grabs the low end the Factory sub could never see. Of course will never be over driven. Also thinking based entirely on the amp barely being warm, that may have been able to do dual 2 instead of 4 ohm.

The box does take up the space under the drivers rear, even stuck out a bit, so I took the plastic face plate off the storage piece to get more room. Wish it was smaller...

Anyone know the Part No for the wire that goes from the amp to the sub? its a 4 wire, red, green, black and white harness. Cut mine and like to be able to go back to stock at some point if I need to pull the box for a road trip or something.

Also not sure which is pos or neg either, assuming the line holds that all wires with stripes are neg, then the red is neg and black is pos, green is pos and white is neg, seems off to me.

sO FROM checking the speaker and from the wiring diagrams we have, the red and green are positive, the black and white are negative

Last edited:

Iceman6996

Reaction score
JL stealth box ws5 13.5 (specifically molded fiberglass for this truck) a high current level to rca and a JL amp the truck flat rocks now. Clean install and sometimes it’s actually too loud/ shakes my brain a little [emoji41]

That what I have in my and it sounds really good

Steven Vaccaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to just drop in a better sub Any suggestions

I have a 2013 with the sony sub, I personally think my 2018 doesnt sound as good. The B&O sub is barely there. I didnt even know I had a sub, until I pulled down the back seat.

Im looking to do some sort of sub upgrade.

Wayne Twombly

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I wanna chime in on this . It doesnt seem like anyone really provided much system information
I replaced my b&o system because it was lacking everything after half volume. With the windows open going 80mph the radio just didn't do it for me .

So starting with the b&o it has a can bus connection.
I used the zen a2b module for signal. It's a perfect flat signal. 6v of power.

Its going to
2 - Kicker kx400.4. One for left and one for right.
1 - kicker kx1600.1

Running
Ks 1 " tweeters / crossovers
ks 6x9 3 ways front doors
Ks 6.5 convertable components / crossovers in the rear doors
Kicker comp RT 12" dual 2 ohm. Rhino lined box .90 air space each side. 2ohm final load to amp .

I tuned everything in perfectly.

Sounds amazing . Period . I have all the voltages used . I ran tones for tune . 40 hz for sub tune 1000hz mids 3500hz tweet .
Smd dd1 and smd cc1 Klein multimeter.

You can do it all with a multi meter but the knowledge of knowing the clipping voltage is pretty valuable

Last edited: