2018 B&O Speakers (sizes and location)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone quickly provide me the sizes and locations(if there are any secret ones located somewhere other than the doors and the sub behind the back seat) of all the speakers currently in the 2018 Ford Raptors with the B&O sound systems?

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone quickly provide me the sizes and locations(if there are any secret ones located somewhere other than the doors and the sub behind the back seat) of all the speakers currently in the 2018 Ford Raptors with the B&O sound systems?

+ pillar tweeters and center dash speaker

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The a-pillar tweeters I think are 3/4", most folks go back with 3/4" or 1"
The footwell mid-bass drivers are 6x9"
The center is a single driver 3.5"
The rears are 6.5" coaxials
The sub-driver in the B&O is 8"

None of the speakers/drivers are from B&O/Harman, just FoMoCo paper cone parts bin junk. The sub driver is different for the B&O than the Sony, so it MAY actually be new/from someone other than Ford...not sure...maybe someone who has pulled it can chime in on what it is stamped.

Most professionals recommend just disconnecting the center in an upgrade. I left mine alone because the JBLs I went back with were much louder than the stockers, even with the stock amp, so they buried the existing center and there was no risk of losing phone/chime function. Plus, I don't think the center is as prominent in the B&O system as it was in the Sony.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The a-pillar tweeters I think are 3/4", most folks go back with 3/4" or 1"
The footwell mid-bass drivers are 6x9"
The center is a single driver 3.5"
The rears are 6.5" coaxials
The sub-driver in the B&O is 8"

None of the speakers/drivers are from B&O/Harman, just FoMoCo paper cone parts bin junk. The sub driver is different for the B&O than the Sony, so it MAY actually be new/from someone other than Ford...not sure...maybe someone who has pulled it can chime in on what it is stamped.

Most professionals recommend just disconnecting the center in an upgrade. I left mine alone because the JBLs I went back with were much louder than the stockers, even with the stock amp, so they buried the existing center and there was no risk of losing phone/chime function. Plus, I don't think the center is as prominent in the B&O system as it was in the Sony.

Would these work as replacements for the 6 x 9's and the tweeters? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISU690/Focal-ISU-690.html

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will work. Most people make an adapter plate and run a 6.5” component set or if they are going with a 3 way they have an adapter plate made for an 8” in the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You may want to be careful with the "most people"...if he just wants to do a plug-and-play speaker swap, these are fine, and should go in with minimal effort. These are the mid-level Focals that are designed for stock replacements, while keeping stock headunit/amp. If he wants to do a full system upgrade, then, yeah, many folks go back with 6.5s.

I would call Crutchfield to see if they recommend any adapters/wiring for install. The only other thing I might suggest is to consider a lower impedance component option, like the JBL or Infinity, because they will play noticeably louder than the stock speakers with no other changes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have info on Morel Tempo? Quality. They have a pair of 6x9's also.