2018 Aux Switch Differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but do the switches only light up once you have something connected to them. I have nothing hooked up yet, and in either position they do not light up.
Mine light up without anything connected. ‘19 SCREW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but do the switches only light up once you have something connected to them. I have nothing hooked up yet, and in either position they do not light up.

They are only powered when the key is in the on position.

usurper

Reaction score
I figured it out, the 2018 wire colors are different.

Aux 1 Green/White
Aux 2 Brown/Blue
Aux 3 Gray/Yellow
Aux 4 Green/Yellow
Aux 5 Brown/White
Aux 6 Green/Orange

Also my hot leads were the ones to the drivers side of the truck, buy the ecm wire connectors circled in the pic. From my understanding this is opposite of the 2017's. I will post more info when the install is done.

I made the mistake of assuming the 2019 wiring/colors matched the 2018 list above, but they don't. I'm sure this is documented elsewhere on these forums, but in case someone does a search for this in the future. Here is the 2019 Raptor Upfitter Switch / Uplifter Switch / Aux Switch wiring:

AUX1: Green/White; 1.0mm wire size; 15 Amp
AUX2: Brown/Blue; 1.0mm wire size; 15 Amp
AUX3: Gray/Yellow; 0.5mm wire size; 10 Amp
AUX4: Green/Brown; 0.5mm wire size; 10 Amp
AUX5: Brown/White; 0.35mm wire size; 5 Amp
AUX6: Green/Orange; 0.35mm wire size; 5 Amp

Same wire colors in the bundle under the hood as well as the pass-thru in the passenger footwell.

Moridin

Reaction score
For future people searching, I can also confirm the 2019 wires are reversed from the supplement.

The HOT wires are definitely the ones towards the middle of the engine bay, and the PASS-THROUGHS are definitely by the passenger wheel well.

JK2Raptor

Reaction score
The owners manual and updated supplement sheet I received in the mail for my 2018 (built 12/2017) are both wrong. The Aux 4 wire is in fact green/yellow on my truck.

Also, like others have stated, the hot wires are located towards middle of the engine compartment. The supplement is wrong about this too.

97078b356fc95db9e3d267a23f2760b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reportedly, Aux Wire colors got changed part way through the 2018 model year. Late 2018 models have 2019 configuration (wire colors). Also, lots of reports of hot/cold wire bundles in opposite side expected or listed in manual so....trial and error.