2018 802a rearview mirror re-install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
Had a windshield replaced and the rearview mirror cover/housing was poorly reinstalled. Today I grabbed it to remove and realign and the whole mirror popped off. The base plate is still attached to the windshield but I cannot get the mirror to snap back in place. It has some type of 4-point clamp and I cannot get it to pop back on with direct or twisting action. Other than having the Safelite guy come back out Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

IMG_2851.jpeg IMG_2852.jpeg IMG_2850.jpeg Had a windshield replaced and the rearview mirror cover/housing was poorly reinstalled. Today I grabbed it to remove and realign and the whole mirror popped off. The base plate is still attached to the windshield but I cannot get the mirror to snap back in place. It has some type of 4-point clamp and I cannot get it to pop back on with direct or twisting action. Other than having the Safelite guy come back out Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

OP
OP
V

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
*** Update Had the Safelite guy put it back on. It was a simple push and twist according to him. I tried for 2 hours and failed...thats why he's the pro.