2018/2019 Raptor - Deaver +2 with +1 Lowering Shackle Query

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leanofpeak

Reaction score
To level, or get closer to level, has anyone lowered their rear end 1 inch by adding Deaver +2's and installing a SDHQ +1 inch lowering shackle?

My 2019 is going to SVC and I need to decide to keep it stock height at rear using an SVC shackle, or go with SDHQ +1 drop shackle.

I want to replace the stock shackles either way.

As it is the truck sits now, ground to fender:

Front: 40.5 inches

Back: 42.5 inches

It looks pretty dang good just the way it is!

But pictures speak a thousand words and would help me decide....thanks.

Here it is getting full Suntek wrap:

IMG-0531.JPG

IMG-0534.JPG

IMG-0533.JPG

IMG-0532.JPG

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your planning on doing leafs I would start there first and let them settle. You may find that the truck is now level. I have the camburg shackles which are stock length and they also have 1” longer. If you buy lowering shackles you may want to go to deaver +3.

Then decide where to go after you install bed cover etc.. and your everyday weight in the bed.

For example my truck with +2HD Deavers sits at 41.25”. I have the additional weight of bumpers, lights, tools, bedracks etc...close to an extra 300lbs in the bed at all times. Front is at 40.75” with RPG 1.5” collars, again heavier front bumper and lights. +1 offset wheels.

Ride height will very greatly and all springs need to settle. Even your wheel offset and tire selection (if changing) will change your static ride height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

leanofpeak

Reaction score
Good morning Brett...Yep that’s good advice. Didn’t think about bed cover and settling in. And I do want to be able to add load (200-300 lbs food and ski equipment for Tahoe runs, or 4 mountain bikes and gear and people, etc)

I’ll go with the SVC shackle which is supposed to be a direct replacement for the stock unit and go from there.

Happy Holidays!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk