Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

2018-19 Poor Quality Control

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by fordloco, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SD1290

SD1290 Full Access Member

How many units they make does not excuse a lack of quality control. If anything it should be better due to extreme repetitive processes.

All I’m saying is if people start demanding better quality on customer surveys and as a factor in their purchase decisions it will most likely improve.

No need to make excuses for a manufacturer as to why they can’t or don’t do it. It’s definitely possible while remaining very profitable, if anything more so. I bet most people would pay an extra $150 msrp to have better QC

Again, just my opinion

SL75 likes this.
  2. jaz13

jaz13 FRF Addict

Fit and finish, performance, price; pick any two.

As with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

An entry-level X5 starts at $60k and is far less capable than the Raptor. You get a lot more performance for your money in the Ford and you get a lot better fit and finish in the BMW.

Jeep/Ram give you even more novelty features than Ford, but they sacrifice reliability and build quality to reach their price point.

Toyota is the opposite. Their vehicles have better quality and reliability, but they achieve that by building, simple, out of date products.

Merc's G-waggon gives you fit, finish, and performance, but it also starts at $125k.

I'd love to have better build quilty and reliability in my Raptor, but I'd also love a free lunch too.

If the choice was between the current truck, or spending $30k extra for Merc level fit and finish, I'm very happy with what I have. Part of the reason I enjoy the Raptor so much is because it doesn't have a fancy interior and flawless paint. That means I have zero reservations about using the truck for what it was designed for.

Allan, Wfo and rtmozingo like this.
  3. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

Somebody gets it. Honestly, I have problems treating my truck like a truck sometimes because I'm worried about damaging my interior or paint. If it was nicer, it would be even more difficult, not to mention replacement parts would be even more expensive.

4. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

My tailgate is all off by about a few mm's it doesn't sound like a lot, but when you subtract a few mm from one side and add it to the other, you notice a pretty big gap difference. My dealer is willing to try and fix it up but I haven't taken it back yet.

texrun38 likes this.
  5. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

Plus you get to drive a Ford, and not a brand B. the electric and electronic gremlins in brand b vehicles makes it seem like they hired lucas electrical ( aka, the prince of darkness ).

6. GTTXRAP

GTTXRAP Hook'em Horns Supporting Member

Buy a Dodge--see how that goes.

I called, went picked up and came home buying my 19. It's a FREAKING TRUCK...it's not a McLaren. Yep some orange peel who cares. Had a two stage paint correction done and it's smooth as silk.

It's a Ford. Calm down or go buy something else.

7. Raptorman19

Raptorman19 Member

I am surprised by the number of guys that are ok with poor quality because its a truck?

8. jaz13

jaz13 FRF Addict

If you are using a Raptor as it was intended to be used, there is nothing poor quality or cheap about it.

If all you care about is mirror finish paint and panel gaps, then yeah, you will be disappointed.

A lot of people in this thread would be much better off in an entry level X5 and should sell their "piece of shit" Ford.

9. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

I'm happy with the fit and finish on my truck.
    However... I've worked on an assembly line for over 30 years. I see on a daily basis how quality can vary from one shift to another. Some people show up for work and think they deserve a pay check just for being there. Others take pride in what they do and and strive to do their best. In my industry there is usually more quality control personal on duty during day shift Mon through Fri checking tolerances than there is on night shift and weekend shift.

1BAD454SSv2 and rtmozingo like this.
  10. BIG TIME BALLER

BIG TIME BALLER Full Access Member

It’s not a $70k truck. It’s a truck that Ford charges $70k for. The same production line produces the $30k version as well.

Gotta admit that I’m pleased with my truck, but perhaps I don’t have the same sharp eye for imperfections.