2017 Wrangler Unlimited - help needed

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Truckzor, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

I know some of you guys have/had Jeeps. Wanted to see if I could get some quick help. I helped a friend (not a car person) buy a Wrangler Unlimited Sport S this weekend. She wants to do the MOPAR 2" lift with black wheels and 35" tires so I had them write that into the deal (with installation) at dealer cost. We were going to get the truck set up with the OEM Willys edition black wheels but I'm wondering if there will be clearance issues with these wheels? Will the truck need more offset? If so, any recommendations on size?

2. whoisbigman

whoisbigman Full Access Member

I'm not too sure you'll get 35's on there with a 2" lift...

3. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would call tirerack and ask their tech support, but I kinda of agree with ^^^. you gonna need to go at least 4 inches. You should have helped her to buy a Raptor instead.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Mad Frog Mattis

5. Gilligan

Gilligan FRF Addict

6. beemerman

beemerman FRF Addict

I did the stage 2 icon suspension system. its about 3 inches of lift. I have 35s on method wheels. from what I understand from others when I did mine was that with stock offset they will rub. my wheels are 17x8.5 with 4.75 backspace. no rubbing at all and they do not stick out way past the fender[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    NM156, marilynsride and Bulletnjm like this.
  7. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

@beemerman

We have decided against the OEM wheels and are thinking of the following combo:

Mopar 2" lift
    American Racing AR172 Wheels (17x9 with a 4.5" backspace)
    Goodyear Duratrac in 315/70/17 (I don't need to tell you guys this is a 34.4" tire, thought this would give us a little more comfort with the small lift)

Do you think this combo will work or do we still need to step down the tire size a bit? This truck isn't going to be doing a lot of off roading. Just the occasional deep, unplowed snowy road and a few trips to the beach each season. So I really don't think the suspension will ever see full articulation but still want a functional set up just in case.

Thoughts? Thanks all for the quick replies!

8. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

My two cents, I don't think it's going to work. My buddy has a JK on a 3.5" lift with 35s and he had to swap his flares to eliminate rubbing.

Not sure about the backspacing and such, but I don't think it'll be enough unless it doesn't leave pavement (then it's still a maybe).

9. Aaron313

Aaron313 Full Access Member

[​IMG] 3.25 inch lift on 35's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NM156 likes this.
  10. beemerman

beemerman FRF Addict

Personally I think I would drop to 33s. Especially if you want to have some clearance. They will fit, just no room for articulation. As said previously you could replace the fenders with flat style or trim the ones you have. That would help tremendously.