2017 vs 2020 Exhaust Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

So I had a thread going here about how to get more turbo noise and heard that 2017s might have more turbo sound than 2020s for a reason I can't remember. I came across this guy that has a 2017 with Corsa Extreme, SPD downpipes, and a CAI. I love the sound of it but I was wondering if it would sound the same as on my 2020.

Thanks!

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a different muffler between the 17 and 20. I guess a part number search would confirm if that was the case.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastic intake vane inserts were the parts discussed in your order thread.

Either try it or don’t, you’ll never be able to tell anything from someone else’s recording.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
no matter how you slice it, it seems we will never make this truck sound like a "truck". Embrace the turbo sounds and the lackluster v6 and you can get to something better than stock that suits your ears. I went COBB cold air, and Corsa Sport. I went through a million threads, videos, cars and coffee you name it. Corsa made the most sense and i felt sounded the cleanest without in drone at highway speeds.

slingshot60

Reaction score
Still sounds like a hot rod tractor... just have to be satisfied with the smile on your face when you pull away from a 6.2L Chevy like they've missed a gear or something.