2017 Steering Wheel Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanner Case

Reaction score
My 17 raptor has 50k miles on it and the interior still looks new except the steering wheel. My truck has the orange trim package so the orange strip on the wheel has now turned a dark brown and the rest of the wheel is starting to look crappy also. Are there any options to bring the wheel back to new other than replacing the entire steering wheel? Obviously don't want to put a cheap walmart cover on it either. Anyone else having this issue?

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 has 33k miles as well and my steering wheel is fine as well [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orange accent stripe is discoloring on mine at only 28k. Is the orange stripe exclusive to the accent package? And everyone else has red?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Orange accent stripe is discoloring on mine at only 28k. Is the orange stripe exclusive to the accent package? And everyone else has red?
Yes comes with the orange accent package. Does the orange wear out quicker than the red?
21000 and red still looks new and I use the truck for work so my hands are dirty a lot.

TripleE44

Reaction score
You guys might try cleaning them. Something a little more aggressive than a normal interior cleaner. Dish soap worked into a warm damp rag can do some wonders on leather, and if that doesn't work degreaser will work as well, just be sure after anything more aggressive like this you use a leather conditioner to rehydrate the leather after.

I've used this method on a lot of things, most worth talking about was a brown leather wheel that the dealership told my buddy would need to be replaced because there was nothing they could do. It looked horribly discolored, but cleaned right up with some scrubbing.