2017 SCrew 53,000 Miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer got back to me on the 2018 I looked at on Saturday. They checked the service records and the truck was bought back by Ford for the Cam Phaser issue. I have seen that on a few trucks I have ran across over the last year while searching. and I also ran across a few that was transmission related as well. I think this is ok. I also asked about an extended warranty for the truck if I was to purchase this one and they do offer extended warranty's.

The prices of almost everything is not going to be coming down anytime soon. In fact there are rumors of shortages of other goods on the horizon. Looks like last year was the time to get a good deal on a Raptor, and getting a good deal on one might not return for quite some time.

With that said I think I could live with this one. My wife just has to approve. I hope she does....
Good luck and hope things work out for you. You haven't mentioned price so can't tell if the discount is commensurate with the buyback and minor damage impacts. While I too don't see prices coming down much in the near future, personally I don't need a Raptor bad enough to pay the crazy premiums being asked on used. I would also recommend taking a good look at what is and isn't covered in the extended warranty the dealer is offering. My understanding is you can't get a Ford ESP on used vehicles over 41 months or 41,000 miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarkM98

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck and hope things work out for you. You haven't mentioned price so can't tell if the discount is commensurate with the buyback and minor damage impacts. While I too don't see prices coming down much in the near future, personally I don't need a Raptor bad enough to pay the crazy premiums being asked on used. I would also recommend taking a good look at what is and isn't covered in the extended warranty the dealer is offering. My understanding is you can't get a Ford ESP on used vehicles over 41 months or 41,000 miles.
Its priced at $57,000 and the truck has 54,000 miles on it. I have seen similar trucks going for over $60,000 and the KBB Fair Market range is $61,852 - $66,895.

I called on another 2018 that is listed in my area. It was an 802A truck, but with out the Bead Lock wheels and it was black. When I called about taking a look at it, the guy said that the truck is actually in West Kentucky and not in St Charles. Its priced at $60,000 with 4k fewer miles... but since its not available to test drive and be looked over that one is off my list.

Out of all of the cars I have owned, the only one I didn't test drive was the 2004 STi. I was the second owner on that one and bought it locally in Illinois. That car was really well taken care of and it was solid. No issues.

Anyways, thanks for the information about the Ford ESP.