2017 rear end dance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KH4

Reaction score
Help: the ride on My 2017 with 35k seems to have changed recently. Unlike when my Gen 1 shocks went. The rear end on the Gen 2 currently has added vibration on small road imperfections. The tailgate and bedside visibly vibrating, however it appears to be isolated to the driver rear corner. The passenger side does not seem to move nearly as much or at all. I run 34 psi cold all around. Tires are fairly new with 7-8k and I rotate them every 5k religiously. Alignment completed when tires were new. And truck is daily driven 99% on the road.I have never noticed this amount of movement before or change in ride quality before.

It has been extremely hot recently 110+ but again this is not its first summer. Not apposed to rebuild if needed, just trying to make sure I am not missing something as the shocks rebounds to top dead center when professional jump test is performed. And more substantial road imperfections feel very normal. It tend to show during short choppy Scenarios where this vibration is most visible and noticeable.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help: the ride on My 2017 with 35k seems to have changed recently. Unlike when my Gen 1 shocks went. The rear end on the Gen 2 currently has added vibration on small road imperfections. The tailgate and bedside visibly vibrating, however it appears to be isolated to the driver rear corner. The passenger side does not seem to move nearly as much or at all. I run 34 psi cold all around. Tires are fairly new with 7-8k and I rotate them every 5k religiously. Alignment completed when tires were new. And truck is daily driven 99% on the road.I have never noticed this amount of movement before or change in ride quality before.

It has been extremely hot recently 110+ but again this is not its first summer. Not apposed to rebuild if needed, just trying to make sure I am not missing something as the shocks rebounds to top dead center when professional jump test is performed. And more substantial road imperfections feel very normal. It tend to show during short choppy Scenarios where this vibration is most visible and noticeable.
Try swapping the tires and/or shocks around and see if it changes

GoDucks

Reaction score
Might want to check wheel weights, I had a vibration issue and thought it was tires but it was the wheel weights causing imbalance