2017 Raptor QandA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Very informative thread, for the most part. The EB vs. V8 will never end. Personally I'm looking forward to some boost. Yesterday I passed on ordering a Platty and will wait to order a '17 Raptor. I do wonder if they'll offer the giant sunroof on the Raptor Screw like the regular F-150's?. For obvious reasons I could see them not offering it. For the months ahead I'll be digging for more info and hopefully Ford will start throwing us some bones soon.

I understand that Ford (Hameedi?) has said that anyone who wants a '17 Raptor will be able to get one. I believe he said that about the GT350 as well. Well I'm taking delivery of a GT350 in about a month and the allocation to dealers has been very tight. I'm getting the only one my dealer has an allocation for 2016.

I hope the '17 Raptor can be ordered and delivered like most other Ford products. But because it will be a Ford Performance product I doubt that it won't be an allocation based production, not unlike the GT350, GT500, Boss 302 etc. Production numbers will be higher than these Mustangs, but so will demand.

Giant sunroof was confirmed. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DxI-Yw5nP8

Due to the Raptor falling under the Ford Performance department, it will be an allocated vehicle. In recent months, Ford (i.e. Jamal Hameedi) has commented regarding the production of the truck. No hard numbers, but says that production will be scaled up to meet demand, surpassing the 2014 production numbers.

This is a little back a$$wards from what I've been hearing at my local dealer. I'm paraphrasing, but I was told something along the lines of, "We are only being allocated two, so this will be a very difficult truck to get your hands on. Supply for Performance Line vehicles make it tough for us to know exact numbers."

He then proceeded to tell me that his GM would (graciously) agree to allocate me one of his only two models coming to the dealership. For a mere $5,000 down and a roughly $10,000-15,000 dollar up-charge ABOVE MSRP. It was at that time, I informed him that I wasn't his Huckleberry, and was on my way.

#HypocrisyKnowsNoBounds I find it humorous that I would get uncharged when all I want to do is throw my money at him. But I don't think that dealer sees much in the way of Raptor customers so they have to squeeze what they can out of them. I'll be sticking with my dealer down south. And yes, that was two Tombstone references in this post.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
I don't know why no one is asking the tough questions.... does the new cab have a cabin air filter?
Will it have a telescoping mirror option?
Does the spare tire match?
Will the low tire light indicate which tire is low?

Actually, what hidden features will it have that haven't been revealed yet?
Like a cloaking mode.

As to your tough questioning:

- Cabin Air Filter: One can only hope it would come included on a $65K+ truck, but I've seen, nor heard anything about them including it. I'm prepared to hit the air recirc button when I go into dusty areas.

- Telescoping mirrors are no where to be found on any of the pre-production/early test models, or in any of the renderings and more recent spied photos and photos from auto shows. I would say it's a safe bet to assume that the telescoping tow mirrors are a no go. An aftermarket Ford option, possibly. Who knows how easy it will be to swap your 2017 Raptor mirrors with a set of 2017 F-150 Platty tow mirrors.

- Spare tire does match.

- 2015+ F150's have individual TPMS + tire pressure read-outs for each on the dash. I HIGHLY doubt they would remove this handy little feature two years after it's practically model wide, and on a truck where it's needed maybe most.

- I'm going to opt for the bidet seats up front. The new Raptor also has 74 inches of total wheel travel and 850 bhp. Torque numbers broke the dyno last time they tested it. So that's promising. :lewx4:

Last edited: