2017 Raptor Geiser Progressive Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Johnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But Johnny has other toys for going hard [emoji6]

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Curious if anyone has time on these yet? Heard of some CV angle problems with certain collars, and wondering how the CVs look with these springs.

Thanks

Dont get me wrong, I use my stuff, but I have other things to actually go fast through the desert ;)

Pic of my axle and cv..

P1250003-Springs.jpg

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool

The shop I want to have my springs installed at was warning me I needed UCA's and I really did not want to drop more cash on it at this point.

Realistically my truck is 99% street and taken off road maybe once every 2-3 months.

So I should be good to go with just the springs??

Johnny, how do you like the ride with the new springs? Stiffer / Softer / Not much difference?

Thanks bud!

OP
OP
J

Johnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool

The shop I want to have my springs installed at was warning me I needed UCA's and I really did not want to drop more cash on it at this point.

Realistically my truck is 99% street and taken off road maybe once every 2-3 months.

So I should be good to go with just the springs??

Johnny, how do you like the ride with the new springs? Stiffer / Softer / Not much difference?

Thanks bud!

I dont have aftermarket UCA - theyre just selling you stuff I think. Needed, no, better ride...? Maybe.

The springs are progressive.. so they are stiffer where they need to be and softer where they need to be.

The truck is WAY different vs the stock springs. I have had these on both my Gen1 and Gen2 Raptors. I still have them on this one. I like these as much as the icom full front kit I had done to the Gen1.... so much so that I havent dont anything else to this one except the springs.

Buy them, you wont regret them.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have aftermarket UCA - theyre just selling you stuff I think. Needed, no, better ride...? Maybe.

The springs are progressive.. so they are stiffer where they need to be and softer where they need to be.

The truck is WAY different vs the stock springs. I have had these on both my Gen1 and Gen2 Raptors. I still have them on this one. I like these as much as the icom full front kit I had done to the Gen1.... so much so that I havent dont anything else to this one except the springs.

Buy them, you wont regret them.

Thanks!

Yea I already have them here sitting in a box looking at me LOL!

Just was asking a local shop to install next week and the guy was telling me about needing UCA's. Thanks for your input I think doing them without UCA's seems fine for my usage. Now if I was doing 60mph bombs through a whoop section non stop, yea maybe Id need the UCA's. I am just a weekend warrior :)

I will keep you posted and post pics after I get them installed next week.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The uppers are not absolutely necessary, but will give you much more adjustments for appropriate alignment if the net height increase gets significant. When we come to learn more with folks chiming in, it will become more clear. This paired with an adj collar might be a great combination.

I ate up atleast a half dozen OE Upper CA's under warranty on my 12 over the years of abuse doing runs at midperch+ heights in a few combinations w/ and w/o my geisers. I didn't have issues going in routinely for warranty replacement, but i'm sure an adj upper would have helped. The OP'ers #s of ~2" net gain, maybe settling to 1.75" isnt too significant, in the range of the old midperch. Have ~10k miles at ~2.25" lift (3" collars) on my 17, and no issues, or cases of CV bind thus far. Ideally id like to go geisers with an adj collar at lower setting to net ~2.5" and see how it fairs.

Last edited:

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The uppers are not absolutely necessary, but will give you much more adjustments for appropriate alignment if the net height increase gets significant. When we come to learn more with folks chiming in, it will become more clear. This paired with an adj collar might be a great combination.

I ate up atleast a half dozen OE Upper CA's under warranty on my 12 over the years of abuse doing runs at midperch+ heights in a few combinations w/ and w/o my geisers. I didn't have issues going in routinely for warranty replacement, but i'm sure an adj upper would have helped. The OP'ers #s of ~2" net gain, maybe settling to 1.75" isnt too significant, in the range of the old midperch. Have ~10k miles at ~2.25" lift (3" collars) on my 17, and no issues, or cases of CV bind thus far. Ideally id like to go geisers with an adj collar at lower setting to net ~2.5" and see how it fairs.

So with these Geiser springs (2.5" noted lift) I have I guess my main concern is should I get some UCA's or just save my $$$ and run them on the OEM?

For the extra $1000 are the UCA's really needed. I mean granted if this was an offroad only toy that I beat the hell out of I could understand wanting everything done. Just kinda leaning to throwing the springs on and seeing how that reacts first.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many, if not most have installed without the aftermarket UCA. It's a nice addition, but not absolutely necessary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned about not having them, even if you do get the full effective 2.5", which i doubt you will see.

FYI, The more ideal new style upper arms are closer to $1500 :)

Blue8181

Reaction score
I got my springs today and took truck to a shop he told me he would not change the springs out cause it will void warranty. Would this really be a issue just changing springs will void a warranty?