2017 needs new engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my 2018 motor replaced, long block, at 56k. Had the exact same scenario except my oil pressure light would not go off. Fortunately I was at home when this happened but had a tow truck come and take it to the nearest ford, 60 miles away. Had to pay 100 bucks for the difference in towing miles but better than getting stuck on the way to the dealership. My motor took about 2.5 weeks to be delivered and installed here in ky. Literally just got home from picking the truck up. I've got 2 other guys I personally know and the third is a gal Im friends with on IG that is going through the same issue. So far 3/4 were long block replacements and the 4th is a short block approval that's looking to be a long block replacement.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had my 2018 motor replaced, long block, at 56k. Had the exact same scenario except my oil pressure light would not go off. Fortunately I was at home when this happened but had a tow truck come and take it to the nearest ford, 60 miles away. Had to pay 100 bucks for the difference in towing miles but better than getting stuck on the way to the dealership. My motor took about 2.5 weeks to be delivered and installed here in ky. Literally just got home from picking the truck up. I've got 2 other guys I personally know and the third is a gal Im friends with on IG that is going through the same issue. So far 3/4 were long block replacements and the 4th is a short block approval that's looking to be a long block replacement.
What are they putting in the gas out your way, paint thinner? That's a lot of people with the same problem.

AnacortesTom

Reaction score
I bought a 2008 Jeep rubicon for the wife brand new. At 13,000 miles she calls and tells me it’s making terrible noises. I told her to park and went and checked it out. Pulled the dip stick and it had no oil on the stick. Carefully put oil in it without leaving any trace in the under hood dust and drove it straight to the dealership. All the oil changes were on schedule and it had not used any between services. Acted dumb at the dealer and they did a brief inspection and of course check level and took it to the back. Two days later told me it had lost a bearing in the lower end and had white caking on the top of the pistons. I showed proof of meticulous service records through a 3rd party oil change shop and they put a new short block in it. Fast forward to 30,000 miles and it was losing coolant and intake manifold leak. They said I didn’t come in for a specific inspection for some sort of special warranty so it wasn’t honored. Torqued the manifold myself and was over the newer jeeps, since they got rid of the straight 6 I always loved. Always wondered if the 3rd party shop hadn’t filled the oil or if something else had happened.