2017 low mileage 30k miles or 2018 50k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP - you should actually be able to find a new ‘19 (maybe an 18?? Doubtful) for not much more- maybe w/ less options nearly same.

OP
OP
K

konoha

Reaction score
Anyone know if an new 802A 2019 can be had for under 62k? Also, it seems a good deal for a 2018 <30k miles is around 55k or less. Thoughts?

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $55k for a clean '17 802a, 24k miles back in June. I am wishing I had either bought new or an '18 with no miles. I plan on keeping it for a few more years and I've dumped a lot of money into the truck already.

OP
OP
K

konoha

Reaction score
I paid $55k for a clean '17 802a, 24k miles back in June. I am wishing I had either bought new or an '18 with no miles. I plan on keeping it for a few more years and I've dumped a lot of money into the truck already.

Why would you rather bought new? New + processing/shipping/etc... would probably close to > 70k?

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you rather bought new? New + processing/shipping/etc... would probably close to > 70k?

I imagine the depreciation my truck will see over the next 2-3 years will be around the same as I would have seen with a brand new one. By the time I factor in the costs of extended warranty, etc... I don't think it will be that far off.

Nice having a brand new truck as well. I bought mine from my neighbor but it's nice having it from day 1.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine the depreciation my truck will see over the next 2-3 years will be around the same as I would have seen with a brand new one. By the time I factor in the costs of extended warranty, etc... I don't think it will be that far off.

Nice having a brand new truck as well. I bought mine from my neighbor but it's nice having it from day 1.

The depreciation on the new truck will depreciate quicker just driving it off the lot. It will depreciate at a much slower pace once driven home
Im buying a 3 yr old truck for $46k, new sticker was $62k. Thats $16k in 3 years. No way it will drop another $16k in another 3 yrs. Raptors hold their value exceptionally well.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not one to say don’t use the truck as this is a vehicle that’s very enjoyable to drive. But I noticed low mileage Raptors hold there value really well and the time you weigh things out, it’s a strong consideration just to buy it new. I almost couldn’t justify buying used down here for a few reasons.

OP
OP
K

konoha

Reaction score
Anyone able to get a good deal via the advertised price (i.e. cars.com cargurus.com) and negotiated even lower? Right now, the best 2017 802a with 50k miles I can find in magnetic is 48,800. So far its the best price I can find via the online listings. So im thinking a decent deal is around 48k-52k for a 2017 with 40-50k miles.