2017 low mileage 30k miles or 2018 50k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite right for me. Every vehicle I bought is brand new and didn’t have an issue on all of ‘me.
My 2017 have been to rough and tough, now with 38k plus right now and no issue ever at all.
Yep- odds are you won’t have a problem.

But facts are you’re much more likely to have a problem w/ a first model year redesign.

Kain's CC

Reaction score
Never buy the first model year of a vehicle. Ever.

interesting statement considering I own a 2010 (bought brand new off showroom floor). I am about to roll over to 68k and have had no issues outside of deciding what tires I want to put on it when I have to replace them.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting statement considering I own a 2010 (bought brand new off showroom floor). I am about to roll over to 68k and have had no issues outside of deciding what tires I want to put on it when I have to replace them.
68k on a 19 year old truck? You going to pass that truck down to your grandkids one day?

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing about the 17 is that you have 6k left on the warranty if there was an issue. That’s a years worth of driving less then the 18 (for me at least)
I’m sure the 18 has new tires? And maybe the 17 too? I only got 30k out of my KOs

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never buy the first model year of a vehicle. Ever.
I'd be more inclined to stay away from first year GM vehicles. My 86 Grand National became a very reliable vehicle after about 12 trips back to the dealer.
I've had 4 first year F150's (including my 2017 Raptor) and 1 first year Bronco and haven't had any issues with any of them.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d say like most with 50k miles on an ‘18 is high! 12-15k is the average for vehicles in most cases. I personally would want more warranty coverage left, but you can buy an extended. At this price level and better APR’s for new loans may be the better option.

Or you can take the option one person has mentioned and buy a Tundra! I can’t see how this truck can be brought into the same conversation. But I would look at this truck as sort of on the boring side new and keeping it for 20 years? You would really be bored of it by then. I kept one truck 17 years and while it held up well, it wasn’t anything exciting to drive and was long dated. But you know what you want and like.

Just do your homework and asking around helps.