2017 Gen 2 trade for 2017 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beenjammin

Reaction score
So I was considering trading in my oxford white 17 gen 2 with 75k pampered miles on it for a lightning blue 17 gen with 40k miles on it. i was thinking it would allow me to get an ESP plan on it since its still under the factory warranty. However, it seem flood ford has a year and mileage restriction but zeigler doesnt have any restriction ( just needs inspection).

i think the lightning blue is se xy, but for a color change and 30k less miles is this stupid? im sure they will want 5 grand minimum.. which would easily get me a Zeigler esp.

Plus mine has the now updated cam phasers installed.

stupid blue..... haunts my dreams

Last edited:

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's stupid. You are trading one truck that you know everything about for an "identical" truck you know nothing about other than 30,000 less miles and blue.

Just put a wrap on your truck and keep driving it + get it Goosetuned, both of these together will be cheaper than "upgrading" colors.

OP
OP
B

Beenjammin

Reaction score
thats a really good idea. Thanks smgilles. I forgot about wraps. After Ford called me back yesterday with the ESP offer, that will now be the only option.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was considering trading in my oxford white 17 gen 2 with 75k pampered miles on it for a lightning blue 17 gen with 40k miles on it. i was thinking it would allow me to get an ESP plan on it since its still under the factory warranty. However, it seem flood ford has a year and mileage restriction but zeigler doesnt have any restriction ( just needs inspection).

i think the lightning blue is se xy, but for a color change and 30k less miles is this stupid? im sure they will want 5 grand minimum.. which would easily get me a Zeigler esp.

Plus mine has the now updated cam phasers installed.

stupid blue..... haunts my dreams
What is a 2017 going for down there?….. I have an avalanche grey with 29000 miles that the dealers will move down there for 65k usd.

(73 trade grossed up tax equivalent savings = 81cdn / 65usd)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beenjammin

Reaction score
I have no idea. I was going from an average cars.com price. I have found my last two trucks from there. 65k usd seems very good on a 2017. I was hoping for around 55-58 on mine, but was only doing it for color change and ESP. now that i have the ESP and the supposed redesigned cam phasers, im gonna stick with what i have.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think it must be my tax savings, only pay tax on the difference, that makes it work for the wholesalers.

($73k Cdn offer to me = 58.4k USD which lines up with your estimates, still sounds like a good offer!)

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the mileage have to be under the bumper to bumper warranty, 36-36000 miles, not the powertrain warranty to get ESP?

Sam

OP
OP
B

Beenjammin

Reaction score
Sam, i think it depends on the dealership. For Flood Ford - yes, for Zeigler - No but you must have a complete vehicle inspection. Also Ford (Corporate) gave me a premium care ESP after this most recent camp phaser fail repair. I have 75k miles on this. This will get me to 111000. I dont know how common this is for Ford to do for customers, but I was happy to say the least.

However, i was looking forward to a Cobb Accessport after the phasers, but the ESP was too much of an omen for me right now.

gonna be pretty cool to take a raptor with 100k miles on it to a dealer for a 2023 and be like.... "It still has some warranty left too!"