Votes: 18 9.6%

Votes: 46 24.5%
  • 53,000-55,999

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • 56000+

Votes: 92 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen1 Raptor was actually 3rd in line price wise... The Platinum and King Ranch cost more.

I would like to think Ford will price it out the same way as I was thinking the new Platinum and King Ranch will have luxury items the Raptor won't... but then I saw some Gen2 pics that had heated rear seats and things you couldn't get on the Gen1.

Even if it climbs to be even with those 2 models, I'd be fine with that to get some more creature comforts lol. And those additional features are usually not present in the lower trim levels so "base model" raptors (ie no lux package or premium interior package ones) wouldn't have that extra price hike.

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if dealers will be able to do d plan. Seeing as it isn't labeled as a svt vehicle anymore. The best my dealer could do was invoice and give me the hold back. They did screw up on my 10 raptor and give it to me for d plan. They ate some on that.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
might be a roomer but I heard Ford want's to sell a lot of these truck's now. The first Gen was cheaper than a king ranch. I still think they should have re-named it. oh that's right it is renamed FPV eco raptor

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am I in the minority when thinking that the new Raptor will touch $70K after taxes and options?

what is that guess based upon? Anything other than picking a # out of the sky?

Comparing how the gen 1 was priced against other models, then looking at what those models are priced at now, should give a pretty good idea of what it should come out at, and it's not $70k!

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
what is that guess based upon? Anything other than picking a # out of the sky?

Comparing how the gen 1 was priced against other models, then looking at what those models are priced at now, should give a pretty good idea of what it should come out at, and it's not $70k!

There are 3 ways to look at this. Two of which are calculated. I'll go over the quick calculations and at the end, explain the third way.

Calculation One:

2014 Raptor (Super Crew w/ full options available at the time, excluding any tax, dealer fees or extended warranty options):
MSRP: $54,015
Average Price Paid: $48,000 (Per Edmunds.com)
Ford Destination fee: $995 (Or Ford Delivery Fee: $1,195. Situational variation)

Since I am in CA, I'll use the CA sales tax nearest my zip code: 8.75%.
Utilizing Destination Fee and MSRP optioned price, total taxed price: $55,010.
Final Cost (MSRP): $59,823.37.
Final Cost (Using Edmunds average estimation): $53,282.06.

That was only using the MSRP and an average price paid per Edmunds. This calculation does not take into effect any dealer incentives, invoice pricing, retail pricing, discounts (Military, holiday, year end) or Ford rebates.

Calculation Two:

Based upon the last production year of the Raptor, it's final MSRP most closely relates to the 2014 King Ranch 145" wheelbase model (To include full options, Offroad Package, Luxury Package, but excluding the 3.5L Ecoboost engine, as the 5.0L was still standard at the time shown)
Base MSRP (Includes Destination Charge): $49,500
MSRP After Options: $53,905
After tax (8.75%), final price is: $58,621.68.

The Raptor proves to be roughly $1,200 dollars more expensive.

Fast forward two years, we'll compare the previous MSRP to a 2016 King Ranch 145" wheelbase model (To include full options, Offroad Package, Luxury Package, and 3.5L Ecoboost engine).
Base MSRP: (Includes Destination Charge): $55,156 (+5,656 from 2014)
MSRP After Options: $61,706 (+7,801 from 2014)
After tax (8.75%), final price is: $67,105.27.

Now, the substantial increase in base MSRP from 2014 to 2016 is mostly due to advances such as blind spot monitoring systems, adaptive cruise control packages, and other features which would come in a "fully loaded" KR. All of those new systems would also be included in a new 2017 "fully loaded" Raptor.

But lets not forget. The 2014 Raptor was still roughly $1,200 dollars more expensive than the 2014 KR. So adding that into the mix, we get $68,305.27. That would be the price for a "fully loaded" 2016 Raptor is such a thing existed.

Now, due to the Raptor being MIA for the last 2+ years, naturally there will be a price increase. 2-3K? 4-5K? 5-6K?! My guess is around 2-3K. Following those numbers, that would put the new 2017 Raptor, full loaded SuperCrew, at $70,305 - $71,305est. (Not including the bump from the extra taxes on the $1,200 added after the fact).

Again, That was only using the MSRP. This calculation does not take into effect any dealer incentives, invoice pricing, retail pricing, discounts (Military, holiday, year end), Ford rebates or any of the alphabet plans.

So, it IS feasible to see the new Raptor touching $70K. Will it? Maybe, maybe not.
I'm just a guy with a calculator and the internet.

Way #3:

The dealer down the street told me they estimated it to hit $70K after options and pricing. That's it.

In all reality, I would expect to walk off the lot, with two sets of keys and a folder of paperwork, paying around $63,000 - $65,000 for your new, fully loaded, off road SuperCrew toy. Just my personal estimation. Edmunds average price was about $6K off the MSRP. So, taking about $6K off the $70K-71K price, puts you right around my previous estimation. $63,000 - $65,000 off the lot.

Last edited:

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
At this point i hope they can keep the price in the "affordable" range of $60-63K ($70k seems to be creeping too far into the super car domain)... but in all reality i just wish they would post a damn price so we could all decide what toys we want to get rid of to get one lol im getting ready to sell my house in the next few months and can't decide on buying the new 2017 or waiting to see what will happen with the 2014 and older prices and get one a little cheaper and mod her up with the remaining cash flow... ah decisions, decisions...