Votes: 18 9.6%

Votes: 46 24.5%
  • 53,000-55,999

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • 56000+

Votes: 92 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor prices remained artificially high because of undersupply, and then held once the truck was discontinued. 1st gen trucks will depreciate, but they'll still have substantial inherent value compared to another F150.

Saying that they'll retain their value forever though, or somehow appreciate because it was the last V8, etc., is silly. Price is a function of demand, and when anybody can pay the same price for a brand new truck, it's going to diminish demand for used vehicles. And even though plenty will keep their 1st gen truck for many more years, there are tons of owners who are itching to trade their truck in on the new model (and would have already done so if '15s and '16s were available), which will dump old Raptors on the market.

I remember there were a bunch of bimmer guys who thought the E92 M3 would somehow be a collectible due to its V8, and how it wouldn't depreciate when the new turbo 6 came out, and then they lost value like anything else. Most guys don't give a damn, and want the new hot thing.

Even if this new Raptor is a popsicle, most buyers would choose it, shiny and brand new and under warranty, not to mention with factory financing, over an old used truck, no matter how well kept.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell, GEN 1s aren't even half price unless they have over 100k miles on them. I'm hoping the 2017 will crash the used GEN 1 market then I'll be able to pick up a decent GEN 1.

**** of here. Or get a job where you can AFFORD one without hoping all the other owners lose their value.

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** of here. Or get a job where you can AFFORD one without hoping all the other owners lose their value.

Maybe I should if this is a place where people are going to belittle others. If it's not, then I will stay around a while and educate myself some more about these trucks before I'm ready to be an owner. Can I afford one today? No. Do I have a job that will afford me one? Yes. My wife and I had a busy year with our second child and also buying our first home. The deal we made each other was to get our home first, Raptor second, so sometime next year I'll be ready to pull the trigger. This just so happens to be the same time the 2017 will come out. When that time comes I'll see which route I want to take. As far as hoping owners lose value, I didn't mean it like that so please don't take it personally. In the big picture, vehicles are depreciating assets, these just so happen to have a slower rate.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I should if this is a place where people are going to belittle others. If it's not, then I will stay around a while and educate myself some more about these trucks before I'm ready to be an owner. Can I afford one today? No. Do I have a job that will afford me one? Yes. My wife and I had a busy year with our second child and also buying our first home. The deal we made each other was to get our home first, Raptor second, so sometime next year I'll be ready to pull the trigger. This just so happens to be the same time the 2017 will come out. When that time comes I'll see which route I want to take. As far as hoping owners lose value, I didn't mean it like that so please don't take it personally. In the big picture, vehicles are depreciating assets, these just so happen to have a slower rate.

We all know what you meant and are trying to achieve. Family first. But you have to admit, you kinda opened yourself up for that one. I'm as guilty as anyone one here for taking shit personal sometimes, but in the end, it's all just good hearted ribbing. Keep your eyes peeled for a good deal, they are out there. Hell, there's a dealership 12 miles away from me that has no idea what a Raptor even is with two on their lot. That's what you want to look for, unless you're going to buy new. Then they will probably be everywhere.

Good luck!!!

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah watch out, a lot of guys have very thin skin on FRF ;) They're like art students, air force heavy pilots, deacons who didn't become priests, or male nurses, etc.

Makes for some good amusement though.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah watch out, a lot of guys have very thin skin on FRF ;) They're like art students, air force heavy pilots, deacons who didn't become priests, or male nurses, etc.

Makes for some good amusement though.

That's offensive!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Logically the prices will drop some as time goes on. These aren't European super cars. But to expect the prices to fall lower than half, IMO, isn't realistic. I feel like they may take a little dip when the 17's are initially rolled out, but as trick raptor stated, those are going to be more of a 'production' model and not as coveted as the SVT Gen 1's.

The Raptor Gen 1's are the first of it's lineage, so I would think they will be slightly more sought after.

I'm a prospective raptor buyer when the 2017 comes out. I'm not sure I follow this logic. Who do you think will "covet" the Gen 1 Raptor? If for some reason a person covets this exact truck, they most likely already have one with nearly zero miles on it. The SVT raptor, in my opinion, will never be a rare vehicle that brings big money in the future. Production truck or not, the 2017 will be new and exciting. In 5 years, if the raptor is still around, the Gen 1 raptor will be a thing of the past. I always thought the 03/04 mustang cobra would be a hot item for a long time. Now, you can buy a stock mustang GT with 30 hp more. No one hopes the market tanks for the Gen 1 guys, but it's when, not if.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a prospective raptor buyer when the 2017 comes out. I'm not sure I follow this logic. Who do you think will "covet" the Gen 1 Raptor? If for some reason a person covets this exact truck, they most likely already have one with nearly zero miles on it. The SVT raptor, in my opinion, will never be a rare vehicle that brings big money in the future. Production truck or not, the 2017 will be new and exciting. In 5 years, if the raptor is still around, the Gen 1 raptor will be a thing of the past. I always thought the 03/04 mustang cobra would be a hot item for a long time. Now, you can buy a stock mustang GT with 30 hp more. No one hopes the market tanks for the Gen 1 guys, but it's when, not if.

This is your first post your awsome who gives a crap what they coast. You new guys are awsome I like ford I like old and new your awsome.

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is your first post your awsome who gives a crap what they coast. You new guys are awsome I like ford I like old and new your awsome.

You're right, I don't have 21,*** posts like you. I'm sure all of your posts are highly philosophical. When I get time, I'll be sure to comment on all of them. Who said anything about money? It was an honest question for the individual I quoted. I was interested in his opinion, not yours. Thanks for the help.