Votes: 18 9.6%

Votes: 46 24.5%
  • 53,000-55,999

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • 56000+

Votes: 92 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I my buy a used one for a daily driver. I'll wait until the used price is about half new. GEN II should go down fairly fast. Good used low miles for $20,000 give or take a few bucks. :mwah1:

No, I'll keep my GEN I

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I my buy a used one for a daily driver. I'll wait until the used price is about half new. GEN II should go down fairly fast. Good used low miles for $20,000 give or take a few bucks. :mwah1:

No, I'll keep my GEN I

Hell, GEN 1s aren't even half price unless they have over 100k miles on them. I'm hoping the 2017 will crash the used GEN 1 market then I'll be able to pick up a decent GEN 1.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell, GEN 1s aren't even half price unless they have over 100k miles on them. I'm hoping the 2017 will crash the used GEN 1 market then I'll be able to pick up a decent GEN 1.

I'm going to be super respectful here since you are a Royals and a Chiefs fan (LOL), but I'm getting pretty sick of everyone hoping the Gen 1 market crashes. The current owners of Gen 1 Raptors want nothing of it. I agree that a high mile Gen 1 might bring a lower number, but those of us with Gen 1's, for the most part, are taking better care of them than any other car owners. Not wishing you any ill will, but I hope the Gen 1's carry their value for a long time as they were the flagship truck of this type and they have the NA V8, proven transmission/drive train, etc.......

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I'm going to be super respectful here since you are a Royals and a Chiefs fan (LOL), but I'm getting pretty sick of everyone hoping the Gen 1 market crashes. The current owners of Gen 1 Raptors want nothing of it. I agree that a high mile Gen 1 might bring a lower number, but those of us with Gen 1's, for the most part, are taking better care of them than any other car owners. Not wishing you any ill will, but I hope the Gen 1's carry their value for a long time as they were the flagship truck of this type and they have the NA V8, proven transmission/drive train, etc.......

I was about to post the same. The Gen1 and Gen2 are being marketed to different people.

The Gen1 was a limited production vehicle from SVT. The Gen2 will be sold in greater numbers under the "Ford Performance" label.

Most Raptors do not go off-road. I think I am being generous by saying 25% of Raptors are actually used off-road. That means come late 2016 we will start see low/mid mileage cream-puffs coming on to the market and those Raptors will command a premium.

While the price may not be as high as they are right now they will still be much higher than any other 2-4 year old truck on the market.

Last edited:

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Maybe crash isn't the right word to use, but I've been looking at a lot of online listings the past few months and most dealers are listing at sticker price or more for used Raptors. I know you can say that they're not currently being made and the new ones won't have a V8 anymore, but they "should" come down eventually. My 08 GT500 is only worth about half of the sticker price and it only has 31,000 miles on it. Those cars had lower production numbers than the Raptors, but with improvements with the technology and hp/tq numbers it is now outdated.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

While the price may not be as high as they are right now they will still be much higher than any other 2-4 year old truck on the market.

I agree with that statement.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe crash isn't the right word to use, but I've been looking at a lot of online listings the past few months and most dealers are listing at sticker price or more for used Raptors. I know you can say that they're not currently being made and the new ones won't have a V8 anymore, but they "should" come down eventually. My 08 GT500 is only worth about half of the sticker price and it only has 31,000 miles on it. Those cars had lower production numbers than the Raptors, but with improvements with the technology and hp/tq numbers it is now outdated.

Logically the prices will drop some as time goes on. These aren't European super cars. But to expect the prices to fall lower than half, IMO, isn't realistic. I feel like they may take a little dip when the 17's are initially rolled out, but as trick raptor stated, those are going to be more of a 'production' model and not as coveted as the SVT Gen 1's.

To your point the Mustang GT500 sales price was, again IMO, inflated due to it's history. The Raptor Gen 1's are the first of it's lineage, so I would think they will be slightly more sought after.

It is a waiting game though as none of us truly know what the future will bring. I can say that I am staying optimistic about future values, but not really all that worried about it. I'm keeping my Gen 1 and if I want a Gen 2, then it will be just an addition to the stable.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's going to start with a 4, which is a big deal for a lot of consumers. Most Raptor owners are not Raptor enthusiasts who join the Raptor club and surf the Raptor forums and wear Raptor tshirts, most are just guys who like the truck.

Even though it doesn't make sense to us, many will be cross shopping against the other brands and it's difficult for most people to stomach a $50k truck, particularly when it's not one that gets the typical $10k, $12k etc "truck month all year" discounts. However these same people will option their Raptors well over $50k. Loaded out it will probably eclipse $60k.

This time around it's supposed to be more or less a full-volume truck just like any other trim of the F150 (e.g. Platinum, King Ranch, etc.) and a low base price coincides with higher volume. $50k is a big mental barrier.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Crash is a bit extreme and I fully understand not wanting to see something you've invested money into lose money. Prices will more than like drop though. How much? Who knows. Only time will tell as it's a tough market to predict. As I've mentioned before, I think the market will become flooded but demand will not decrease. The first six months after the gen 2 release will probably see the highest decline because competition will be tough with people trading in. If I still had my truck, I wouldn't care either way. I loved it too much. It could be worth half of what it's worth now when the next gen rolls out and I would still love the damn thing.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea what it would take for me to sell my 1st gen, but I do know I wouldn't sell it for under 70k is it worth that probably not to anyone but me.