2017 Ford Raptor Claim: '25 Percent Faster'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely plausible with more power and less weight with larger shocks and more travel. But that video posted in the comments. It just might be worse than I thought it would be.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dislike how they describe the 3.0 Fox shocks as "long travel" I do understand that to the buyer, reading words like that will help sell the truck if you dont know much about offroading, suspension, etc.

Dont get me wrong I do like the new Raptor, but wouldnt get rid of my '13. Yes faster is better in a lot of cases, but when a customer who doesnt offroad much or know much about offroading and ends up going fast offroad tearing it up this could become an accident in the making.

I hope the new Raptor sells very well and I can't wait to see one and what it can do though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I really dislike how they describe the 3.0 Fox shocks as "long travel" I do understand that to the consumer using words like that will help sell the truck if you dont know much about offroading, suspension, etc.

That right there is why I wouldn't give that article much credibility, it was a worthless read. Problem is for the next year there will be numerous articles popping up from non-official sources cluttering the views on the new raptor. I would rather not stupidly listen to the crap and only rely on what Ford themselves put out. But people here will continue to post in the forum making these worthless threads.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That right there is why I wouldn't give that article much credibility, it was a worthless read. Problem is for the next year there will be numerous articles popping up from non-official sources cluttering the views on the new raptor. I would rather not stupidly listen to the crap and only rely on what Ford themselves put out. But people here will continue to post in the forum making these worthless threads.

Exactly!! articles like this one that was posted is what gets me very frustrated. When a source does a write up on a vehicle that is vey important and or has a big release, it should be done so with all of the correct specs and information given by the manufacturer. Giving out all of the wrong information and using the wrong terms is basically like telling the consumer that they are buying an all out pre-runner, when in fact it is not close to an actually pre-runner.

But by saying that it does not mean that the Raptor cant take a beating out in the roughest terrain. It just simply means that the Raptor can withstand and take some of the harshest beatings better than any other stock production truck that is being offered to the consumer. To a normal reader who has never owned a Raptor or does not know what the Raptor is about and is looking into buying one I think these magazines and sources need to be giving reliable information.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well of course the new one is quicker.

For you pedants, the guy doesn't necessarily describe the fox shocks as long travel. But even if he did, the shocks are certainly longer travel than on any other factory pickup. ;)

I agree though the article is of little substance, but I appreciate all the bits and pieces that we get along the way.