2017 52k miles, 2018 40k miles,....or platinum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you tow ... Go for the Platinum.

If you Go..... Get the Raptor.

Also. 20,000 Raptors were held back from exports due to Congress not doing their jobs and tariff pressures. The US market is flooded with 2020 Raptors right now.

You can get screaming deals on 2019s. Just squeeze the dealer.

OP
OP
K

konoha

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies! Yall convinced me to get new. It hurts to know new is 9k away from a used 18 with 30-40k miles. A platinum is nice but after seeing a raptor parked next to a platy on the lot, the raptor looks like an entirely different truck!

OP
OP
K

konoha

Reaction score
Yes. Ourisman Ford in Alexandria, VA. I had another local dealer offer me 10% off MSRP, but their trade offer wasn't what I wanted. I called Ourisman on the phone and they offered to match 10% off (but they add back freight and have an astronomical dealer fee of $850). When I went in, I negotiated to get top dollar for my trade (took 2 hours), they took another $200 off from the 10% and threw in a LineX bedliner (they claimed $400 value) for free. That was enough to sell me.

I see you're from NJ/PA. If you're willing to travel a few hours to VA, the 2017 from the private seller is still for sale on Auto Trader. It's in great shape and I know the seller wants to move it. Asking $53,600 at the moment, but I bet there is some flex in that. It's a loaded 2017 w/24k miles.

Thanks for the tip! I just got a quote from sheehy ford ashland that is ~9% below msrp. In another thread, I read that 10% percent below MSRP is ideal and if you can get additional 1-3% off (guess that is digging into dealer holdback) that would be great.

10851vc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy mine 2018 every option. 4K miles 65k...with electric tonnue cover and borla exhaust! now what do you do?

Bob Blessing

Reaction score
I agree with "Duracell 24". The Raptor is a totally different Truck. The differences are significant. The Raptor is a wider Truck. I have a 2017 SCREW now and absolutely Love It. It drives and handles like a Dream.

I've also had a 2015 F150 Loaded out with the 3.5 EcoBoost and a 2016 F250 Platinum Powerstroke Diesel. I absolutely Loved both of them. But, I have to admit to you, the Raptor by far is my choice of Truck. It handles better, drives better and absolutely has more Power with its High Output Engine.

So with this, I hope it helps you with your decision. A little side bar note: the F250 Diesel was for Pulling Heavy Weight so, it's not really relevant here.

But, Good Luck on your decision and will be looking forward to see what you Purchased.

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies! Yall convinced me to get new. It hurts to know new is 9k away from a used 18 with 30-40k miles. A platinum is nice but after seeing a raptor parked next to a platy on the lot, the raptor looks like an entirely different truck!
It is!!!

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If reliability is your first option do not buy a raptor. I’ve owned 2 of them. Great trucks in terms of performance and off road capability, but build quality is poor. Ford does not pay attention to the build details. If reliability and build quality is your first priority, look hard at a Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, landcruiser, or Lexus lx 570. Resale value much better as well.

OP
OP
K

konoha

Reaction score
If reliability is your first option do not buy a raptor. I’ve owned 2 of them. Great trucks in terms of performance and off road capability, but build quality is poor. Ford does not pay attention to the build details. If reliability and build quality is your first priority, look hard at a Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, landcruiser, or Lexus lx 570. Resale value much better as well.

Thanks. My first choice was actually the Tundra. However, after reading IIHS safety rating I quickly changed my mind. The ram and f-150 are the highest rated in terms of safety. Any problems you've experienced that got you stranded on the road?

gtbguy

Reaction score

The decision is getting so much easier to buy a 2019 or 2020 when you compare the prices on a used 2017 or 2018. The price difference can't be justified when you can get a new 2019 truck with a full warranty. Strange, but dealers are sticking to their guns on used 2017 and 2018 models. I can't see how that can be sustained with the glut of 19s on the market. And of course, able to buy a 2020 at invoice. All this is unbelievable if you look back a couple of years.