2017 3.5L Raptor! In The House!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
xrocket21, updated the link. Ready for aFe to begin shipping as well...

Will have more information on SCT shortly. If they don't have a timetable in line with a quick release we will have some alternative options for tuning your vehicle.

Thanks so much! I'm open to whatever :)

you guys rock!
:biggrin:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Xrocket21, got an email from AFE that the schorcher GT shipped today. We shall see Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. Looking forward to trying it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Xrocket21, got an email from AFE that the schorcher GT shipped today. We shall see Wednesday!

Thanks! I actually ordered my intake through 5 Star, so its gotta go through them first.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Happy to help! As of right now SCT is aiming for release at the end of June / early July for 2017 support.

Two more months! youre killin me smalls!

I really have grown to hate the stock tune. Normal is so weak, and sport is good except for the AWFUL RPM hang. I can't wait to unleash the true potential of the truck!

I really can't wait!

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah if this scorcher doesn't work well I'll be going this route too. The boostmax made a significant difference when it worked.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
5star

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! I actually ordered my intake through 5 Star, so its gotta go through them first.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Two more months! youre killin me smalls!

I really have grown to hate the stock tune. Normal is so weak, and sport is good except for the AWFUL RPM hang. I can't wait to unleash the true potential of the truck!

I really can't wait!

You're right the stock tune really does eat at you. Our tunes are ready to unleash the real potential of the vehicle. Just a little bit of :dancingpoop: that it's taken this long to get device support...

After you drive it with all of the shift changes we've made in addition to the added giddyup you'll hop of your truck like this....

:busastyle:

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MJslasherADMIN, we do plan on tuning vehicles while at the event for Gen 1 and Gen 2. We will have time slots available at the event to ensure we can spend enough time with each owner to get their feedback on their desired tune outcome. We will also be running special pricing for all those in attendance.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

In other updates, SCT/Bully Dog still has no updates to when their 2017 support will be available other than "soon" but have not given a definitive timetable. HP has released support for the 2017 3.5L applications. We will begin shipping our tunes/devices for HP this Friday. These units do allow for complete tuning of the engine and trans.

http://5startuning.com/product/2017-f150-3-5l-eb-raptor-hp-tuner-n-gauge/

Can you explain what tune is available at TRR this weekend? If SCT isnt ready and HP now has support. I assume you will be using HP to tune this weekend?

What are the differences between the two? I assume its just the tuner thats different? Are the tunes different? Is SCT preferred? Sorry for the questions. This info will probably help several people that are wondering in general.

Last edited:

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stinks sct is still behind, I jumped aboard the HPT ship earlier this week, got tracking update yesterday :biggrin: Any way to get the PCM strategy via a more standard OBD reader? Or just need to wait for a tuner handheld? I do have an efi live device for other car

I do agree, i'm anxiously awaiting putting the stock tune behind me... but do want to point out the sport mode rpm hang is done for a reason. While its not ideal for daily spirited commuting, but for why we bought these trucks in the first place, ripping it offroad, trails etc and keeping it at a good rpm. I mention this, as tuners will be taking our feedback here and this is something i hope to NOT lose. Maybe down the road they can find a happy medium... have it hang when TractionControl is off, and not hang with T/C is on. my $.02