2014 SCREW A/C-Heater Fan Blower Motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedFive

Reaction score
So I cranked up the truck the other day and hit the Auto A/C button and all of a sudden, I hear this horrible vibration/rattle/hum noise from under the passenger side foot well. I figured the fan motor cage broke off or something, so I took it out and found a little rubber bushing sitting inside the fan motor cage. Googling around seems to be a common break problem, but when look at replacement motors I don't see that part on them anywhere. Do the new motors even have that part or did it come from somewhere else inside the truck and just got caught up in the motor? Do I really need a new motor or not? Thanks for any advice before I go buy a new motor and not really need one. Hoping the images show up.

Jarod

IMG_4993_zps9r30xfd8.jpg

IMG_4992_zpsw72vq3zl.jpg

IMG_4991_zpshlfa4zzc.jpg

Last edited:

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten this rattle and hum since last winter. Its not bad, but its getting progressively worse.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I cranked up the truck the other day and hit the Auto A/C button and all of a sudden, I hear this horrible vibration/rattle/hum noise from under the passenger side foot well. I figured the fan motor cage broke off or something, so I took it out and found a little rubber bushing sitting inside the fan motor cage. Googling around seems to be a common break problem, but when look at replacement motors I don't see that part on them anywhere. Do the new motors even have that part or did it come from somewhere else inside the truck and just got caught up in the motor? Do I really need a new motor or not? Thanks for any advice before I go buy a new motor and not really need one. Hoping the images show up.

Jarod

Fr0DltnHsp0D6bYaHBAPA5kdpOOHrowZQ6oPvGuK9IN

nSv9HQLqZULkWBDCvzJu4Z68ApwFhhz3EghIAmJQSbk

7cuAn7MRjwskOaXLxf782k5jRAgT1ueKKoXVQmSoMhi

Mine started making a similar noise and vibration last week. Was it easy to remove? I'd be really curious to see some pics before I try to tear mine apart.

OP
OP
RedFive

RedFive

Reaction score
Images do not show up.

Fixed, thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I've gotten this rattle and hum since last winter. Its not bad, but its getting progressively worse.

Oh, mine is more than a mild rate/hum. It sounds like a jet engine inside the cab past 2 on the fan speed.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jarod

Removed my blower motor today and found what appears to be the same plastic piece that you had in yours. I re-installed the motor and it's working fine, but I'm not sure what that part is or what purpose it has.

DnRqpI6BD8sBtMQg7Hf-lu8lG3-XjBK5c7pX=w1609-h905-no.jpg

c6r9Ic7tN1C9ODbMhuLBDTh0r5m-UGsaCZ6M=w1609-h905-no.jpg

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you remove your blower motor? I may consider this and see if it helps.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like part of the blend door actuator.

Oh joy. Everything is working so maybe it's not a critical part of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you remove your blower motor? I may consider this and see if it helps.

You access it from the passenger side floor board under the glove box. Disconnect the wire harness and take out three 8mm screws. Remove the screw near the firewall first since it is the most difficult one. You may have to pull back the carpet to get it to slide out. It's pretty easy and worth it to check for foreign objects before you take it into a shop.

OP
OP
RedFive

RedFive

Reaction score
I think for me it is actually the recirculation door. When I hit the re-circ button or max a/c nothing happens. Still brings in outside air and I think the actuator is fine but the post that drives the door open and closed when the actuator turns is what actually broke off. You pretty much have to remove the dash to get this thing unless anyone knows of any magic that will work.