2014 rear shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawnbirdie

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2014 with 50,000 miles on it. After only having it for a couple of weeks I noticed the front right shock was leaking so I bought a new pair on Amazon and had my mechanic put them on. (Mid perch) Should I go ahead and buy the rear shocks as well or wait for them to start leaking?

Kirkw

Reaction score
Yes, replacing the rear shocks will result in less hopping on uneven road surfaces. Especially noticable on high speed turns.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2014 with 50,000 miles on it. After only having it for a couple of weeks I noticed the front right shock was leaking so I bought a new pair on Amazon and had my mechanic put them on. (Mid perch) Should I go ahead and buy the rear shocks as well or wait for them to start leaking?
They're probably toast. I get mine rebuilt locally (I'm in CO too), but I've found it super handy to have two sets so that you can have on set being rebuilt and not have your truck down.

Short answer, yes, at 50K I would.