GEN 1 2014 Raptor Weird Engine Noise when Accelerating

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by MaxMessiahV, Oct 24, 2017.

1. MaxMessiahV

MaxMessiahV Member

I have this intermittent sound that happens when I accelerate. It happened a few night ago and before that it hadn't happened in probably 8 months. Does anyone have a clue what it could be? My truck is at Ford right now and they can't seem to figure it out so they submitted a ticket to Ford HQ to see if they had any other trucks with the same issue. Here's the video of the sound:

https://youtu.be/cdlM2qw3qIE

2. AndysLog

AndysLog FRF Addict

sounds like a heat shield.

sounds and noises never transfer properly from in person to video though. hard to get all the needed info this way.

3. MaxMessiahV

MaxMessiahV Member

I'll definitely look into that. Yeah that's true. I gave the same video to Ford but it's hard to diagnose something just by sound so I'm hoping they've had a case of this previously.

4. Riddick

Riddick Full Access Member

Do you have a tune on it? I can’t tell, but I think mine did the same thing. Mine was more pronounced than yours though. I’ve since installed a Roush SC with JDM and have forgotten about till I saw your thread. Don’t know if my previous tune had something to do with it or not, but hasn’t done it at all on the SC. I could feel vibration in the foot pedal like maybe something to do with the trans.

5. MaxMessiahV

MaxMessiahV Member

Nope, no tune, it's all stock. Ford can't seem to figure it out either. They had to submit a ticket to Ford HQ to see if they've had any similar reports. And they can't duplicate it because it's really intermittent. Another forum member said belt/one of the pulleys is what it sounded like to him but I'm not sure. I think there was a little bit of vibration when it happened so it could be the trans but I don't really think so.

6. Riddick

Riddick Full Access Member

I thought a belt or pulley as well. Hope something is found with yours. Got me thinking again on mine, but until it does it consistently we may never know.