2014: New Issue w/Sync & iPhone Apple Music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80sTiger

Reaction score
Only owner, 2014 model. Factory Sync system. Used it with a few different iPhones over the years, come to terms with things like "please wait, building index" response from Sync when giving audio commands too soon/etc.

BUT ... a new issue. Not sure if related to new iOS or if I'm the only person ... when playing music/tracks, and I hit NEXT on the steering wheel to skip to the next track/song, Sync will skip to the next song like expected, but will not automatically PLAY the next song. It's not paused, it just goes to the next song and sits here. I have to hit the PLAY button on the screen to get it to play. It doesn't do it every time -- it seems random. It may do 2 in a row like this, but then it might play 5 in a row just fine. Anyone else seeing this or have any suggestions ?

(Already factory reset the Sync system and rebuilt; hard-wired iPhone (not via BT); does not do this via BT; iPhone is brand new iPhone 12 fully updated)