2014 Gen I vs. 2017 Gen II Suspension Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors seem to like the weight of a couple of spares in the bed too. Ford wants the rear end to be a bit lively so that you'll get that trailing throttle oversteer that's so much fun in the dirt.

I wonder if that's why Baja mode defaults to 4x4 as opposed to 4x4 locked. Plan to test and ask about this at Raptor Assault.

Know at TRR I definitely liked having the rear locked, but I think if you were going a good clip you shouldn't have a problem getting the tail lose without it.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors seem to like the weight of a couple of spares in the bed too. Ford wants the rear end to be a bit lively so that you'll get that trailing throttle oversteer that's so much fun in the dirt.

I agree, I dont mind it, and in fact love it. Its loose, but controlable. Yes it steps out, but it never feels like Im going to loose it. Lively is an excellent word for it.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Watch the video on SVC site and it explains everything the OP is concerned about. Plain and simple the GEN2 is a bouncing buggy. Gets more air on the 2nd bounce than the 1st jump and the ass end is all over the place.

https://www.svcoffroad.com/

Scroll down and Click play on the 2017 raptor CAS system. The video is with the CAS installed or in GEN1 standards comparable to mid perch.

On another note, the original SVT engineering team that developed the GEN1 raptor were not involved with the GEN2. Personal friends for many years. So the guys that eat, sleep and live desert racing were replaced by the book worm engineers with NO desert experience then re-branded FORD Performance.
Ford knew a majority of GEN1 owners never even hit the dirt. So the developed GEN2. Story over. Better truck everywhere BUT the DIRT. That and the fuel standards the gov is implementing is ******** the performance world

I think SVC is a good company but, IMO, you're not doing them any favors with all the BS in your post.

I'd say you must work for them but they'd never hire anyone with your marketing "skills" and slam of Ford's engineering team.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an old thread, but I wonder how the '19 fox live shocks will change the equation.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Air pressure; I run 36 front and 34 rear and feels smooth over very rough frost heaved roads. However it does not corner nearly as well as at 38 which is why I think that Ford went with 38. If your riding too rough for your liking try it. Made a huge difference in my truck. Disclaimer: I have +2 Deaver also.

I also think they run the trucks air pressure at raptor assault something similar.