GEN 1 2014 GEN 1 transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does a hard 1-2 shift driving from a cold start, only if I drive it lightly, if I drive a bit faster, it doesnt do it, or it isn't noticeable. It's otherwise fine when warmed up.

*now googling lead frame"

OP
OP
Michael91

Michael91

Reaction score
It might be unrelated, but i was having an issue shifting in and out of 4lo and removing the 5star tune and returning to the stock tune solved the problem. If you’re on any aftermarket tune, try going back to stock and see if that helps.
no only thing different is a Air raid air filter kit but thanks for your help bud.

Kirkw

Reaction score
If you can't find anything, search my posts. I detailed the shifting problem I had on my 13 screw. Also search f150 downshift at speed. Was scary. Problem fixed no issues after either up or down shift. I had both.

wakko0o

Reaction score
Just like the rest are saying. They shift rough 1-2 rolling to little throttle when cold or even when warm at times. At 52k I would definitely dump and refill tranny fluid if it hasn’t already. It helped for me. Throttle down brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was a recall on the Leadframe. I want to say they extended that recall up to 200,000 miles, but not sure if you can get that covered in the UK.
The other thing that is an issue is the tune that ford uses in the trans.. its shit!
Look into a custom tune by JDM that you can apply with an SCT programmer. Completely changes the shift points etc in the PCM

This is the Ford part #
(AL3Z-7G276-D)

OP
OP
Michael91

Michael91

Reaction score
There was a recall on the Leadframe. I want to say they extended that recall up to 200,000 miles, but not sure if you can get that covered in the UK.
The other thing that is an issue is the tune that ford uses in the trans.. its shit!
Look into a custom tune by JDM that you can apply with an SCT programmer. Completely changes the shift points etc in the PCM

This is the Ford part #
(AL3Z-7G276-D)
Thanks for that information and what is a SCT scanner?