GEN 1 2014 GEN 1 transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael91

Reaction score
Hi I bought my 2014 Gen 1 raptor just over a yeah ago but on a morning I remote start it so engine can warm up but my transmission jerks into 3rd gear and the rest sometimes when cold but can be funny through out the day anyone else have this problem? P.S i live in the UK so not many people know about them.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I bought my 2014 Gen 1 raptor just over a yeah ago but on a morning I remote start it so engine can warm up but my transmission jerks into 3rd gear and the rest sometimes when cold but can be funny through out the day anyone else have this problem? P.S i live in the UK so not many people know about them.

Ive got a 2014 w 102k on it. It shifts rough from 1-2. Especially when cold, and extra special when idling like when in you roll through a parking lot w no throttle. ‍♂️

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it shifts okay when its warmed up, then I suspect the tranny is still cold, don't drive it like you stole it until shes a bit warmer.

OP
OP
Michael91

Michael91

Reaction score
plus she has her moments when warmed up so am a bit concerned might change the oil and filter in transmission see if that helps?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no I dont drive it like a nutter when warmed up never have as use to be a mechanic so understand all that lol and mine only has 52,00 miles on
I remember when mine was new, it used to jerk around when shifting all the time, it was part of the brains of the transmission learning how you drive, almost like it was self-aware, lol. Now that it has 140,000 miles, she' shifts smooth as silk, unless I hammer on it.

OP
OP
Michael91

Michael91

Reaction score
ok thanks for all your help puts my mind at ease as I love the truck my wife always says you love that truck more than me lmao

Panaraptor

Reaction score
It might be unrelated, but i was having an issue shifting in and out of 4lo and removing the 5star tune and returning to the stock tune solved the problem. If you’re on any aftermarket tune, try going back to stock and see if that helps.