2014 f150 lariat raptor conversion help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok gentlemen, I could use some clarity on a raptor conversion. I have found a lot of very helpful info on here so far but I haven’t ran into my specific combo of year and plan. I just got a great deal on a 2014 f150 super crew lariat , which is not the raptor that I wanted but I couldn’t pass up the deal. I am planning on doing the raptor suspension conversion. My first question is about the control arms. I have read that my year vehicle needs gen1 arms, but my plan is to run gen2 shocks and coil overs with KHC coil buckets. Do the gen1 uca have the clearance for the larger coil over of the gen 2? With that said is there even a design difference between the gen1 and gen2 lca and uca?
I talked to KHC about this just the other day that the answer is yes it will work but they will hit at full droop restricting travel.

OP
OP
H

Hobdog

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if it is normal for these to hit? It definitely looks like it is designed to hit because both sides are beveled but the suspension isn‘t CCA0FE00-DED1-40F8-A8AF-730B467D47B0.jpegfully compressed in this picture and they are hitting each other. The marring on the metal looks like all new marks, which I know I just put this conversion in but the LCA’s were pulled off of a previous conversion

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if it is normal for these to hit? It definitely looks like it is designed to hit because both sides are beveled but the suspension isn‘t View attachment 168023fully compressed in this picture and they are hitting each other. The marring on the metal looks like all new marks, which I know I just put this conversion in but the LCA’s were pulled off of a previous conversion
So your wheel is hitting the tie rod? Not sure what we are looking at.

OP
OP
H

Hobdog

Reaction score
No, a metal stub from the knuckle is hitting another metal stub on the LCA. Like I said they both are beveled like they are possibly expected to hit at some point

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, a metal stub from the knuckle is hitting another metal stub on the LCA. Like I said they both are beveled like they are possibly expected to hit at some point
Ah I see the arrow now. Damn iPhone screens. It’s not bad. I would take a grinder and take it down. Problem fixed.

SierraAlpha

Reaction score
Wicked build!!!! Im doing almost the same thing. Just waiting on 1 more part to arrive then its build time. I have a 2011 f150 5.0 FX4. Going Icon 3.0 coils and billet arms and leafs. Extended steel lines and method wheels. Looks great so far. Can you grab some more pics of the stance?

What have you done for the rear? I have a whole stock raptor front end, but bedsides or a bed are impossible to get used. Have to get fiberglass and thats going over my budget right now. Curious if you have gone spacer or just left the rear narrower.

Sick build mine will be getting posted in the next few weeks!

SierraAlpha

Reaction score
Hey Hobdog. Can you tell me what the lower shock mount looks like in the lower control arm? I have icon 3.0 I got used and in the middle of the instal. Can’t tell which way the small bushing and which way the big one goes.

OP
OP
H

Hobdog

Reaction score
Hey Hobdog. Can you tell me what the lower shock mount looks like in the lower control arm? I have icon 3.0 I got used and in the middle of the instal. Can’t tell which way the small bushing and which way the big one goes.
I’m assuming by now you figured it out. Sorry I haven’t been on this site in a bit.