2014 Blue Flame Screw. Need Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck is supposed to come in next week but I haven't sold my Z06 yet. I'm in a dilemma. I was hoping to sell it and if I didn't get anything I'd just trade it in. Originally the dealer said they'd do $35-36.5k for the trade but I just followed up with them and they said the best they could do now is $29-30k. They is no way I'm trading in my Z06 for that amount and I can't afford the payment without the trade.

So here is my situation. Either I'm out the $1k deposit or I find someone who is willing to buy the Raptor. It's a Blue Flame screw, 801A package, moon roof, front and rear camera, and spray in bed liner. MSRP is $55,845. Anyone have any suggestions? This is disappointing.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take your Z06 to carmax and see what they will give you for it. It takes them less than 10m mins to evaluate the z06 and make you an offer.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BS you will get your deposit back. Did you get the tradein in writing? Something that you can show? Tell then, is this how you want to treat your military people? 1 or teh other. Give me what you promised for trade or give me my deposit back. Or maybe the local news wants to hear how you treat you military personal. :)

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty shady, always get everything in writing up front before handing a dealer a dime.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude this sucks. Especially with all the emoting you've done though all of this.

I would go in and talk to the GM first thing tomorrow morning. Tell him that the sales team he has hired cares more about their profit margins than honoring a previously agreed to deal. Explain that you're military and that $1000 was blood money.

If you don't get the response that you want which is
A) honor the previously agreed to deal, or
B) refund your deposit

Tell him his sales team is a reflection of himself. A man who cannot look at himself in the mirror. A man who will die with no honor or dignity. A traitor to the American people who fight for his freedom. A traitor to himself.

Then I would implore you to register on all the ford genre forums and slam the dealership with ferociousness.

People like these need to be exposed.

D

Deleted member 12951

BS you will get your deposit back. Did you get the tradein in writing? Something that you can show? Tell then, is this how you want to treat your military people? 1 or teh other. Give me what you promised for trade or give me my deposit back. Or maybe the local news wants to hear how you treat you military personal. :)

Why play the military card? Sorry think that is sleezy. That's like the blacks always playing the race card. What he does for a living or did has nothing to do with the financial transaction no matter how sleezy the dealer might be. Don't stoop to their level, be better than that.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you have it in writing? did you put a lot of additional miles on it? shit, i put about 4k extra miles on the truck after already agreeing to a price and the dealer honored it no questions asked. that's a shit move on your dealers part...they're playing the "no more raptor" card more than likely...wonder if the money they are taking from the trade is what they assume would have been money made on a mark up...who knows...definitely sucks!

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have is an email stating what they could do during June after seeing the car. The dealer is in AZ and I'm in UT so I'm not able to go to the dealer tomorrow because it's about a 10 hour drive. The salesman told me the market has gotten soft and they are sitting on dealer lots for 120 days so they can't pay more than $30k. I haven't even put 1k miles on the car since then. It's still only got 29k miles. I don't know if the dealer is trying to screw me or if the market is that soft but it seems ridiculous. I have a hard time believing that low mileage Z06 Corvettes are selling for $30k. No ******* way.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure somebody on here has access to auction prices in your area. Find out what other z06s with the same year/mileage are going for and then you will know if the dealer is trying to bend you over or is telling the truth.

D

Deleted member 12951

Not sure if I have the best advice but can try. I've done two trades with a truck built to order. One was a Tundra trade-in for a Ram and then the most recent King Ranch for my Raptor.

The first one wasn't too bad. Dealer had to look at my Tundra and told me that I had to keep the mileage within a certain amount and it needed to be in the exact same shape when I finally traded it in. Only thing that happened to it was a crack windshield and I got it replaced beforehand. We bickered back and forth on the final numbers via email before placing the order but once done at time of delivery, it went by the numbers, no surprises and was on paper. I put down $500. Very happy.

Next one was a lot more sketchy, this was with Louisburg Ford mind you that quite a few folks here got theirs. And to be honest, I don't think I would go back after all said and done.

I had to leave a non-refundable $1000 deposit just like you. It was in writing that it was non-refundable regardless how enforceable that might or might not be. I was out of state but sent them pictures of my trade. I even offered to drive it to them so they could see it. They refused every time and said it was not necessary which I thought was very strange. They told me that the trade amount was "Possible trade in 2011 KR est trade range $29-$30k" and put that in writing on the Purchase Agreement. I told them I wanted more than that but was told over and over that they don't like trades and that was the best they could do. Mind you, it said "possible" so trading it in was optional, not a requirement of the deal.

As we got closer, I told them that I needed a FIRM trade-in price before I drove to them when the Raptor came in. I did not want to be in a situation at the signing table with a lower ball figure thrown at me and felt like I was stuck after waiting 5 months. Louisburg were jerks on the entire trade thing and it was pissing me off. Started saying that my 6.5' bed was going to make it hard to sell and they would have put tires on it, blah, blah, like they were doing me a huge favor taking it off my hands.

A member here tipped me off on a dealer he worked with that gave him a good trade and provided me a name. I called them and sent pictures, even asked me if it had any body work, which it did but Louisburg never asked that question. He gave me a price for $31k and would cover shipping to pick it up from Kansas, think he was in Michigan. Told me upfront that the pictures were good enough, his shipping was going cost him about $500 and he was going to sell it between $34-35k. It was a done deal and smooth. We were going to do a dealer pass-thru. Were I trade it in to Louisburg and then they turn around and pass it over to him. Why wasn't Louisburg like that? Jerks, that's why.

This is what I am suggesting to you. Get out to dealers and start a bidding war per say and definitely CarMax as suggested already. Do you owe anything on your trade?

My final outcome? Well I presented the pass-thru deal to Louisburg. At first they were offensive. Told me they were going to charge me $300 to do this. I told them it was worth no more than $50 in paperwork, they *******. I finally agreed to their stupid $300 as it was still $700 more than their best offer and it was a certain amount, no surprises. Louisburg came back and offered me now $30,700 for my trade and said they wanted to keep it with them but still would not guarantee it but I did have all this in email, if that even really matters. I asked them why not the $31k like the other and they played the well, we are going to charge you $300 so it's the same thing. I proceeded to move forward and continue to wait for my Raptor.

On delivery, they finally saw my trade and were kinda stepped back how clean it was and they didn't even have to prep it. While I was there, they stuck a Sale sign in it and move it to the front of the lot, it was that clean. During financing and trade, the guy ask me to sign the paperwork that there wasn't any body work. Told him I would sign it that there was and why I was being asked this question NOW. Getting pissed because I knew what was coming next. Told them they other guy asked that question and still did $31k. Louisburg stuck to their $30,700. But what a pain in the ass. Mind you, that body work was not nor would be on Carfax.

Personally I think you waited too late for 1 week before and should have gotten better numbers long ago, but that is the past. I would definitely get out there and start getting prices and even call out of state dealers. Most dealers are jerks and it doesn't surprise me one bit that they are trying to pull something like that on you. Contact the GM and see what can be done but don't be surprised if he/she is a bigger jerk.

Wish you the best of luck. I hate the whole thing.

EDIT: My brother owned his own car lot for 20 years and knows people. I have someone I can contact and he can look up what auction prices through Manheim have been for your corvette, regionally and average USA. PM me the entire details of your car and I will see what I can do.

Last edited by a moderator: