2013 whipple blue flame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't really need to Tune for a cooler thermostat, the PCM's software is robust enough to deal with it and will still keep AFR at 14.
It's more about optimal performance with the Tune allowing higher fuel and air and more timing for cooler engine temps.
You'll see when it gets to the hot summer months, your going to feel that 195 thermostat make the SC labor.
All I'm saying here is you should at least switch it out to a cooler one in the summer.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not on here to argue, Your correct. You can put a cooler thermostat in and tune for it. No worries, but myself and my tuner for my cars don’t use cooler temp thermostats. Some people put them in for the wrong reasons. To each his own
Trucks work differently than cars.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lean is mean.... a tuners term. What I’m saying is dumping fuel doesn’t mean making more power. Every vehicle is different on where it makes best and most efficient power. A lean air fuel mixture will create too much heat so don’t confuse what I’m saying. So yes, it’s a very debatable topic. Your not making more power just because you dump more fuel. If that was the case why Not tune your afr in the 10s

They DO add more fuel. Look at a stock GM LS truck tune or a stock ford 7.3l Gasser tune. These vehicles run at 14.08 AFR at all times in the factory tuning, no power enrichment. Tuners enable PE and change this to 12.3-12.5 and pick up around 60 HP.

Whatever tuner is using that term: Run far, far away from them.