2013 Velociraptor 6.2L good or bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have a relative compression test done at minimum. If possible, have a manual compression and leakdown performed as well to ensure the there isn’t internal engine damage from the supercharger/tune.
Nobody cares what you have to say about a Gen 1 truck.

Go buy it. It's a bad bitch, and if it's ruinning now- it will run for a long time.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody cares what you have to say about a Gen 1 truck.

Go buy it. It's a bad bitch, and if it's ruinning now- it will run for a long time.
Nobody cares what you have to say, period.

6.2 wasn’t designed for boost and failures are not at all uncommon. It’s terrible advice to tell someone to buy one with an aftermarket supercharger without at least verifying basic engine integrity.

But you’re more concerned with being a Gen 1 fanboy than actually providing helpful information.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the feedback!
i would do as @FordTechOne stated. do the tests to verify engine components integrity. do some research on the hennessey trucks and make your descision based on what you find.

as far as the bickering...... welcome to frf. haha :popcorn:

HK92

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking at a lower mileage 2013 Velociraptor. I’ve read plenty of the dislikes for Hennessy on this forum however since they began using the Roush supercharger system on their builds, was wondering if the potential “risks” would be mitigated since it seems it’s basically a Roush build w/ Hennessy’s name. Whatcha all think about this purchase?

Thanks!!!
Curious... How much is it going for?

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure about the Hennessy tune, but it’s a similar kit to my Roush stage II. I have nearly 160k miles on mine and have had no engine or drivetrain issues. I did have an issue with the Roush tune and V1 pulley set up liking to jump belts and rip tensioner arms in half. With the tune from VMP and their suggested removal of the ribbed idler pulley, I haven’t had an issue for 50k.

FTO’s advice is absolutely sound. What he may or may not think about the Gen 1 and 6.2 as a truck and engine, it’s foolish to discount his experience and insight. I love my Gen I Roush, to the point of debating selling it. That said, I have FAR more peace of mind jumping in my 22’ TRX and launching from a stop and doing 65-110mph pulls than in my Roush (to the point of rarely, if ever staying at WOT for that long). It’s typically a 35mph to 70mph pull. The Hellcat engine was designed with forced induction and getting hammered on to abused in the heavy MOPAR cars. Similarly, the Ecoboost was designed with FI in mind.