2013 towing 5k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WDH? I mean, other than that, you're only at 1/2 the capacity of the truck.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
You should have no problem towing 5k and while a Raptor might be able to tow 10k like @Swacer said above with some modifications, remember the max trailer weight for a 2013 Raptor is 8k.

I have been up to 15,080lbs GCWR which is 380lbs over max with a 7k toybox and my Raptor was great doing so. No real issues climbing over the Sierra Pass in to NV.

ROC_Fest-X3.jpg

I was sitting pretty level in the picture above and I run Deaver +3 with a load leaf (now known as HD) and Fox 3.0 shocks. Of course I have a weight distribution hitch and trailer brakes. I was over GVWR by about 600lbs. but didn't feel it at all..

I don't recommend going over the max limits but in my case I had no issues.

--

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have no problem towing 5k and while a Raptor might be able to tow 10k like @Swacer said above with some modifications, remember the max trailer weight for a 2013 Raptor is 8k.

I have been up to 15,080lbs GCWR which is 380lbs over max with a 7k toybox and my Raptor was great doing so. No real issues climbing over the Sierra Pass in to NV.

ROC_Fest-X3.jpg

I was sitting pretty level in the picture above and I run Deaver +3 with a load leaf (now known as HD) and Fox 3.0 shocks. Of course I have a weight distribution hitch and trailer brakes. I was over GVWR by about 600lbs. but didn't feel it at all..

I don't recommend going over the max limits but in my case I had no issues.

--
Where is a good place to get deavers?

Last edited:

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is 5K the gross weight or dry weight of your trailer? A lot of things add weight to a travel trailer. Is it a toy hauler or a basic camper? In fact, what's the year/model, etc?