2013 SCrew Died and Will Not Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talclipse

Reaction score
Hello all. I have had intermittent starting issues for a while now thinking it was my remote start I didn't really pay much attention to it. Yesterday morning on my way to work after some hard accelerating merging onto a busy highway the truck shut down (lost power but all electrical was good inside the cab). As I was waiting on the tow truck I stumbled onto this forum and read about the dreaded fuse 27 issues and sure enough mine was FRIED. I pulled the fuse, cleaned the terminals as best I could, put a new fuse in it and still no go. So I had the truck towed to my garage where I installed the fuse relocation kit per the TSB. Attempted to start the truck and the symptoms did not change. Since then I have taken the following steps to repair the truck.
I swapped the fuel pump relay with other known good relays.
I changed the FPCM.
I changed the fuel pump.

At this point I'm out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have thrown all the parts at it that I can think to replace.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will update this evening with what I find.
Failing that, I would start tracing wires; power to FPDM and pump? Pump priming? Got gas? Fuel at rails/injectors? Air filter clean (ok it would have to be ridiculously bad but still)? Plugs firing? My guess is a wire fried in the harness somewhere but no way to tell except test it, then follow it in the harness if you detect a break/short. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

talclipse

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately no codes and a reset of the ECU did not resolve the problem. She’ll be on a flatbed tomorrow headed to the shop.

I agree it is likely a wire burnt somewhere/ maybe I damaged something while doing the TSB (though I was very careful). I just don’t have time to mess with it.

It’s been a rough week and a half, last Monday I spun a rod bearing in my STI, then this happened yesterday. :(

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting voltage to the terminals for the fuel pump fuse? It is cranking over but not starting right? Stupid question, did you did install the fuse relocation in the right spot? You haven't got any other check engine lights on?

OP
OP
T

talclipse

Reaction score
Are you getting voltage to the terminals for the fuel pump fuse? It is cranking over but not starting right? Stupid question, did you did install the fuse relocation in the right spot? You haven't got any other check engine lights on?
Yes I am getting voltage to the bus for the #70 location fuse. Yes it cranks but will not start. The fuel pump isn’t kicking on. No check engine lights on the dash and my cheap POS reader didn’t pull any latent codes.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the connections at the starter, the nuts on the terminals can come loose and/or corrode.

The fuel pump won't run when the rail pressure is at the correct pressure, it's a return less system.
You may here the pump for a few seconds when you turn the key after it sat overnight.

Last edited: