2013 Scab Moonroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2013 SCAB with only 26K miles original owner. This past day when I attempted to open the moonroof I hear a pop as it was sliding half way. Then it stopped. I then depressed the button again to continue opening the moonroof and I hear a second pop. Hardly I managed to wiggle the buttons to close the glass, but the hard part is closing only 1/2 way. The dealership wants $4K to remove all moonroof. This is F-in CRAZY!

As I touched both tracks from inside (driver side and passenger) I noticed a rod with a hook on the back end that is lose on both sides. I believe this rod popped from its place. Do not think anything is broken or needs replacement. When I depress both tilt & slide I hear the engine working fine...but the glass is not engaged. It tries to move but not able. Tried to find some broken plastic parts and found nothing.

Any HINTS or ADVICE from people that know this stuff...???...I would appreciate!

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELLO...!!!

I really expected some answers or ideas.....any members still on this FORUM?

ANYBODY KNOWS A PLACE IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA that can repair this WITHOUT asking a TON OF MONEY ? DEALERS ARE CRAP!

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont know anyone in your area, you may want to goggle it.
There is a guy here in in South Texas that charges 4-500 to fix them, its pretty common.
The repair "kit" from Ford is cheap if you tackle it yourself. Worst part is taking the headliner out..lol

1678125070038.png

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know anyone in your area, you may want to goggle it.
There is a guy here in in South Texas that charges 4-500 to fix them, its pretty common.
The repair "kit" from Ford is cheap if you tackle it yourself. Worst part is taking the headliner out..lol

View attachment 396344
Canuck714...thank you. That is about the max I want to pay for installation with me buying the kit. But I am not in TX. And yes, I would venture to do this myself, but I am concerned about ******** up the job and that includes the headliner...

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When mine fails I may consider doing a sunroof delete...lol Ill weld up a filler panel and buy a headliner for a non-sunroof equipped truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free