2013 Roush Raptor will crank but not start

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by audell, Aug 31, 2015.

1. audell

audell Member

Hello all, I purchased my raptor just under a month ago and have been loving it except for this morning when I went out to leave my house and tried to start my truck. It will crank no problem, just refuses to start. I tried pushing the throttle a bit but couldn't get any response. I'm hoping it's just a fuse, but haven't had time to look into it yet, will later this afternoon.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks for any help

2. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

I believe it's fuse #27 in engine compartment fuse box that some are experiencing issues.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Try a battery disconnect for 15 to 20 minutes.
    Might fix it for the short term, till you get her to a Ford/Roush dealership.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  3. audell

audell Member

Checked fuse 27, couldn't find anything wrong with it... Definitely seems like a fuel pump issue though. Unfortunately seems as if my truck will be down for a couple of days while the dealer takes a look at it. Will keep updated with any info that comes along

4. audell

audell Member

Dealer has it now and they called me this morning saying it's a pcm issue. They can't get into it because of the Roush tune having a lockout that only allows their guys to get into the computer. Seeing as how I'm two hours away from the closest Roush dealer not sure how this one is going to go yet

5. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

is it aftermarket? or was it dealer installed? roush and ford should have something to be able to share that info.

6. audell

audell Member

Dealer installed, can't seem to make any traction with it... The dealer I took it to said they don't have any way to get through to the pcm without re-flashing it with a stock tune, which obviously wouldn't work because of the supercharger.

7. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Don't let them flash it!!! You'll have pay to send your PCM back to Roush for a reflash.
    And if it gets flashed, your Roush supplemental powertrain warranty can be voided.
    And Ford's powertrain warranty does not cover a supercharged Raptor.

They will have to call Roush!!!!! and get instructions on "how to login manually", Don't worry they won't be able to change any settings!
    This is not a big deal, but if they don't have a tech who is familiar with modded (Tuned) vehicles, there going to give you a hard time!

I would place a call to Roush directly because they will work with dealers "IF" the dealer is willing.

It all comes down to who will pay!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    A.I.I.Raciing likes this.
  8. audell

audell Member

MTF, thanks for the advice. The dealer called Roush and are getting a new pcm for the truck, only thing I might have to pay for is the re-flash for the pcm from Roush which is $100 and a new key for the truck, because the previous owner has yet to get the spare key to me... It's been a month and counting on that end. But they won't re-program the pcm without having two keys because Roush gives a code that allows them to manually enter into the pcm but it only works for once at a time and they'd have to get another one if I wanted them to do it again.

Good news I guess is they're making progress on it and seem to have an understanding of what the issue is, hopefully I'll be back in it soon

9. audell

audell Member

New pcm in the truck and it still won't start :|

10. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

That's a shame!

I hate to say it but I will!
    I bet they were hoping for a quick fix and not go through the proper procedures to diagnose with the Ford engineers on what sensor or module is not working.

Or they already flashed it and found out, now they can't do anything anyway, and have to send it back to get the Tune back on.
    Or I'm completely wrong and you ask for this missing key problem to be fixed, then it's on you.

I know this is very time consuming and if the dealer only has a half a hand full of techs that can handle it, other vehicles don't get fixed either.

Note: Seek out Crystal http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordservice/ and let get you started with the Regional Service Manager.
    Trust me once they get a call from them, people at the dealer will start asking questions.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015