2013 Roush Raptor misfire at higher levels of boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, is the check engine light flashing when this happens and then goes away on it's own afterwards. Does it run rough when flashing? Just wondering if the 02 sensors are reading too much or too less coming from the catalytic convertors? Meaning the convertors might be going bad? ANybody, is this possible?

OP
OP
W

wvaboy

Reaction score
This, common 03-04 Cobra issue, too much gap, hence only under boost... I'm sure there is some supercharged Raptor tribal knowledge... but if you are running the factory gap on your plugs in a supercharged application... likely the problem... you want the most gap you can get away with without the boost blowing out the spark (figuratively)... if you are only seeing it on one cylinder, then it could just be that plug or coil...
This is what I'm being told
I'll let you guys know more for sure tomorrow. 16 plugs. geez tbh, that was a shocker too. lmbo

OP
OP
W

wvaboy

Reaction score
So, is the check engine light flashing when this happens and then goes away on it's own afterwards. Does it run rough when flashing? Just wondering if the 02 sensors are reading too much or too less coming from the catalytic convertors? Meaning the convertors might be going bad? ANybody, is this possible?
no codes, no check engine lights flashing

OP
OP
W

wvaboy

Reaction score
anything done to the truck recently, i.e. work/maintenance/upgrades, before this issue manifested...
i took it in for a recall on transmission downshift problem of some sort to the dealer. I know they down loaded the tune and put it back in. I am also positive someone took it joy riding as well while they had it, although I'd rather not get into the details of that for now, I don't have a reason to believe this has anything to do with the issue for sure at this time. Leaning heavily on blow out of spark on plugs.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i took it in for a recall on transmission downshift problem of some sort to the dealer. I know they down loaded the tune and put it back in. I am also positive someone took it joy riding as well while they had it, although I'd rather not get into the details of that for now, I don't have a reason to believe this has anything to do with the issue for sure at this time. Leaning heavily on blow out of spark on plugs.
Can you tell me more about this "they downloaded the tune"
Something doesn't sound quite right.
Do you have a handheld Tuning device, or is it a Roush Tune where they would have call them?

Otherwise, I can tell you right now that you wasted your time on the recall because when you flash back to your Tune for the Supercharger it will erase that.
If it's the latest JDM Tune, then that will have that included.
Tunes from others I would call them to make sure.

If your running the Roush Tune, you should upgrade to the JDM Tune for more power and better drivability (shifting strategy).

The Technical Service Bulletin for fuse #27 relocates the connection in the fuse box in the engine bay to a larger wire and better fuse holder so it doesn't burn out.
There's a ton of threads and posts about this on the forum.
I just pulled the micro fuse and replaced it with a mini fuse, much bigger blades for a better connection.
But I did this back in 2011 before any signs of burning, when it came to light on the forum that this is a problem.
IMG_20201222_113813070.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wvaboy

Reaction score
The truck was taken to the Roush dealer for the recall, something to do with a downshift at high speeds into first gear. It had a Roush tune before and it still has the Roush tune now. That was the first thing that I had checked.
I'm not going back to the dealer, however, it has been confirmed that the Roush tune is still in the truck and working correctly.

I'll know more tomorrow

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK

When you have time do some research on the forum for the Tunes for a Roush Supercharger.
You'll find that everyone that has switch to the JDM Tune for the Roush have nothing but great reviews.

Plus with the SCT handheld Tuner device you can change a couple of things like adding or removing timing, tire size, gear ratio and must important tire pressure limit before the dash light comes on.