2013 Rocker Panel Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under my truck scrubbing the frame with a brush to make sure it was clean before coating with Fluid Film for winter protection and rust prevention. I thought I seen a diagram on the rocker panel drain hole locations that tend to get clogged and rust the body panels. I hope I not remembering something that is not a real thing. =/ . Are there any specific locations on the frame I should pay extra attention to . Areas that might be more prone to rust if not maintained.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a diagram, but the rocker panel drain slots are all along the pinch weld at maybe 6"-ish spacing, you can open them up with a large flatblade screwdriver, then pull off the duct tape covering the access holes along the panel above them (replace with Gorilla tape). If you have a sunroof, ideally find the drain hoses at the rear corners and pull/extend them out of one of those access holes as well. I don't know of any specific frame areas (those rockers are way more prone to rot) but definitely hit the cab mounts and the bracing above the spare...