2013 Readiness Monitor issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou6035

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2013 6.2, Whipple supercharged, the previous owner did not know all details about the vehicle build . He had someone take care of everything for him.
Truck is perfect and runs amazing but is not passing readines monitors for cat, and oxygen sensors.

The truck has an SCT badge on the tailgate so I’m assuming it has an SCT tune.

Anyone ever ran into this issue after having truck tuned? I’m a master tech and will figure it out but just wanted to throw this out there before I go diving into it .

Thanks!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

First and foremost, pictures of said truck or its a prius.

How many miles on the truck? Does it have cats or are they removed? Did the seller give you a handheld tuner with any paperwork? Are there codes in the ECU? Did it not pass emissions based on exhaust gasses or trouble codes?

You kind of are asking a lot from people by not giving any real information. It sounds like it is running a tune and probably running richer than factory. Thus making it not pass the emissions sniff test.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In years past, a tuner could set the monitors to “Not Equipped” within the calibration, so they could avoid DTCs caused by the modifications. In that case the monitors will never show ready; the only way to fix it is to re-tune it and enable the monitors.