2013 Raptor would not start - fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen more than once? Any rhyme or reason why this happens?

I haven't changed anything on my truck to think it would cause this issue. Oil change 2 weeks ago is the only thing been done to my truck in the past month or so.
Strange indeed

Yukon Joe

Zb032111

Reaction score
Truck turnsover but won't start, once i push on fuses and fuse box truck will start.

Hi, I'm new to the Forum and owning a rapotr I bought it used. I'm having issues with mine lately, it will start at time. An other times I have to push on the fuses in the fuse box normaly fuses 1-9 and it will start. I replaced relays 1 & 2 (Powertrain & starter relays) but truck is still acting up at times. Does anyone have any advice on this? I have a extended warranty on the truck but I hate taking it in to shops.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the Forum and owning a rapotr I bought it used. I'm having issues with mine lately, it will start at time. An other times I have to push on the fuses in the fuse box normaly fuses 1-9 and it will start. I replaced relays 1 & 2 (Powertrain & starter relays) but truck is still acting up at times. Does anyone have any advice on this? I have a extended warranty on the truck but I hate taking it in to shops.
Check fuse 27. It is probably 1/2 way melted and working intermittently.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

PGLMike

Reaction score
I had fuse 27 burn up a few times, no pattern or indication why. Happened a couple times in parking lots but, after the truck completely lost power, displayed a no oil pressure message while exiting the freeway I was done. I found a post on here for a Fuse Relocation Kit, Part Number EL3Z-14293-A.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f183...rt-stalling-%96-2009-2014-ford-f-150-a-45186/

I just installed it over the weekend so no real feedback but hopefully this kit will put a nail in the coffin on this issue.
84f13dad4fdd0a46701fa0fc347a2598.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Highside7r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add one more to the list, this morning my 14 w/ 33k did the same. Checked all fuses and everything is fine. Had to jump to 2 wheels to get to work. Got home this afternoon and truck starts right like nothing happened.

Rceccanti

Reaction score
I just went through the same problem with my 13' 6.2
i was having start issues with mine, when i would stop for gas or some other quick stop (shutting off the truck) it would only turn over but wouldn't "fire"/ run.
I tried remote starting from the key, same thing. popped the hood disconnected the battery, nothing. about 15min of waiting around it would let me start!
took it to ford today, ford confirmed excessive heat at fuse F27. they installed a fuse relcation kit cleared all DTC's and set the new fuse at Fuse 70.
hope this helps someone whos having a similar problem. Merry christmas ya'll

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was having start issues with mine, when i would stop for gas or some other quick stop (shutting off the truck) it would only turn over but wouldn't "fire"/ run.
I tried remote starting from the key, same thing. popped the hood disconnected the battery, nothing. about 15min of waiting around it would let me start!
took it to ford today, ford confirmed excessive heat at fuse F27. they installed a fuse relcation kit cleared all DTC's and set the new fuse at Fuse 70.

Mine was done at 50k miles 2013Screw

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info
This sucks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Highside7r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does, just got back from biz trip and truck was sitting out in parking lot for 2 weeks. Truck had been starting fine since last post. I have no heat damage or fuse issues. Older thread talked about fuel pump control module above spare tire. Or even chip in key fob bad. While waiting for roadside I checked the fpcm and ground, disconnected battery, moved relays and fuses around nothing.

Highside7r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So turned out to be the FPCM, and just found out today it's on back order. 2014 with 33k miles.