2013 Raptor - What is my suspension upgrade path?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2013 Raptor. Has the RPG Stage 4 suspension on it. Basically bigger upfront coilovers, new UCA's, external bypass in the rear, deavers, bump stop frame. I also have the SVC traction bars. I spend a lot of time in Baja hunting, camping etc. I also chase for a Trophy truck team. Not looking to really be able to bomb my truck down roads any faster as I feel I would really need to cage it. I am looking more for a more comfortable offroad ride and more control in dips and bumps (ie no donkey buck). Is mid-travel the only way to go? Or could I add a bypass shock in the front and bed cage in the rear? Don't really know much about this suspension stuff so looking to all you experts. Thanks!

Mark

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were running front bypasses and bypass racks before they came out with mid travel.

So it can be done and there are a few shops that can do it well.

A new development is the 2nd gen conversion shock bucket which will add a bit more travel.

I think the main reason why trucks go to your level or skip right to mid is that anything more is close to mid cost and complexity.
The addition of fabricated uprights and arms all with uniballs will add durability and serviceability.

Don't drive any truck faster than you'd want to crash without a cage regardless of the suspension level. Go only as hard as you do now with a mid travel and bypass rack and you'll have a better ride and the same risk management.